Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vintage Poems to Mother



Last Mother’s Day I shared with you a vintage framed poem to MOTHER. I’m still fascinated with its striking graphics and eloquent words.


Since then, I’ve discovered two more framed poems to the special woman in our life….

Roses adorn “A Message to Mother”




And another poem shows mom in a hoop skirt and bonnet.



These sweet tributes penned many years ago are still so relevant today.


Happy Mother’s Day!!!


I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

15 comments:

  1. I am always buying these when I come across them too.
    This Mom's Day is not going to be fun! First Mom's Day without Mom.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too...I remember the one you posted last year and it was SO SWEET, now it's part of a Darling Collection! LOVE THEM!!!
    Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom,
    Big Squishy Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful feature on vintage tribute to mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so precious Sherry. Love them all, but the mom sitting next to the infant is my favorite. You're so right, they are still relevent today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore those, so charming.

    Happy Mother's Day and Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen these (except on your blog). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice motto's for Mom's day!
    Happy Mom's Day to you!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them and when I read them....I get teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love these! They are such great reminders of how amazing our mothers are. Thank you Sherry for joining TTF. I hope you are having an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez! I forgot to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry,

    Those are sooo gorgeous! You are the best picker ever! Happy Mother Day! Oh BTW, I'm not liking the new blog header...stay tuned!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful -- love them all. Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers of the World!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea and so pretty! Have a Happy Mom's Day :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!