Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Running Behind!


I’ve been running about a week behind in showing you my latest finds; so in this post, I’m revealing some of the treasures Mom and I have found lately.

At yard sales a couple of weekends ago, we found……

A mid-century modern plate in the "Highland" pattern by Knowles




Two 1970s ceramic owls


The baby owl is only 1-1/2" tall....Look at that face!



A green Currier and Ives transferware platter and a rooster creamer by Scio.



And another vintage camera, this one a Brownie Reflex Syncho w/flash attachment.
SMILE!



An out-of-town thrift store shopping spree netted these goodies…..

A 13" diameter cobalt blue platter and a German plate with fruit design and reticulated rim.



An Anchor Hocking casserole in a cornflower pattern (I already had a lid),
and two Hazel-Atlas Candy Stripe Mugs.



And finally, more owls!
This time a small embroidered picture of three owls in a tree.


Whoooo....er, What have you found lately?



I’m linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time

 

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice that you've found so many fun treasures lately? My favorite is the camera (of course) and those candy stripe mugs are so cute; don't remember ever seeing any of those before. Thanks for sharing your goodies Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that baby owl! Funny how owls are making a big comeback! I think I have one of those Rooster creamers, love it! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry I think Owls are making a come back! They are all over the TJMaxx/Marshalls/Home stores. I guess everything comes around a second time. Strawberries, Mushrooms, roosters, hip hugger pants and stiletto heels.~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds -- worth catching up! Love the plates -- Which came first on the cornflower blue -- corning ware or Anchor Hocking?

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love garage and yard sales. I found a great table for $4.00 anyway I thought it was great and I can't fit another piece of furniture in my small house so will paint it play with it and put it in my yard sale LOL for $8.00

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, the green Currier and Ives. Reminds me of my grandmother's house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so nice to meet you Thursday! I checked my Horizon bowl at home and sure enough it wasn't the same size. I'll be back in ASAP to get the one we talked about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds Sherry! I love the owls--so cute!

    Have a great weekend.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!