Monday, May 28, 2012

Freedom, Friends and Finds

A holiday like Memorial Day prompts us to pause, if only for a moment, to reflect on those things that are important to us. Our everyday freedom has been hard-won by those heroes of our past, the service men/women of our present and to their families.

Thank you for your service to our country!


That freedom allows all of us to enjoy our favorite pursuits. For me, one of those pursuits is looking for vintage treasures. So when a friend called last week to say that he had been cleaning out a relative’s condo and thinks there are some things I would like to see, I’m grateful for the freedom and opportunity to look. Thanks to my friend, I made the following finds:

An elegant set of on-the-rocks glasses…..



A green “Colonial Block” goblet, some vintage kitchen utensils, and a Kerr jelly mold…



I was excited to find an Iris and Herringbone footed pitcher and for you Pyrex lovers, there was a green primary color mixing bowl...



A mushroom dishcloth is the perfect partner to yet another owl, this one held Avon cream sachet...



Enjoy your day!
Remember to remember our fallen heroes!


I’m linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time


12 comments:

  1. So true! I hope you're enjoying your day.
    How thoughtful of your friend to think of you and to know you'd find things to love. My favorite is that beautiful footed pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever seen that Iris pattern in Pink? My cousin insists my Grandmother had them? I have only seen them in clear and amber?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Wonderful finds too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Happy Memorial Day to you"! You made some great finds. Those on the rocks glasses look like LOTS of fun. They would be great for summertime cold drinks on ice...
    Be sure to check out the VIDEO I just posted for some GOOD LAUGHS!
    Big Squishy Hugs to you
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. What a good friend to call you about them.

    Happy Memorial Day to you too!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you tied the freedom to go and look and buy things and pursue your favorite pastimes to this day and the sacrifices made. We forget many times how blessed we are and what it took to secure even the simplest of liberties we enjoy each day. They were hard won and must me protected and defended even today. Kudos on your finds and your great post.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good finds. I like the on the rocks glasses. I have given up on ever finding a good garage sale again-they just don't have them where I live.It has gotten so hot I hate to even get outside anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The glasses are really pretty but oh be still my heart for that Iris and Herringbone pitcher! You have such great friends to always keep you in mind for treasures! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, those colorful glasses are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry, thanks for stopping by Quirky Vistas and leaving me such a nice comment. I appreciate your encouraging words. Stick with me...I'm a junk magnet. Ha! Can this be a good thing? Sometimes I wonder.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are definitely great finds, Sherry! I, too am so thankful we have the freedom in our country to enjoy our favorite pursuits!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!