Monday, April 16, 2012

Together At Last!

If you’ve been following my blog for the last couple of weeks, you know that my blog friend, Linda of A La Carte, and I had some fun matching up a salt and pepper set. You can read about it here if you want the backstory.

Well, Linda visited with me last weekend. She stopped here in Mississippi on her way to Texas to spend some time with her Mom. Of course, she brought her orphan pepper shaker. Here it is finally matched up with my orphan salt shaker….Together At Last!!!



Never missing a chance to look for vintage goodies, Linda joined Mom and me for some weekend treasure-hunting. On Friday morning, we attended 2 estate sales…..

I found a brightly-colored thermos, a utensil holder and several vintage utensils, an aluminum juicer/reamer and a pair of wooden salad servers.



Items with a “poultry” theme began to take shape as I found several pieces of Reveille china, a collapsible wire egg basket and a chicken figurine.



Saturday morning we struck out to a couple of yard sales before Linda had to continue her journey to Texas. Even though I found a few other small things, Linda pointed me to these awesome Moderntone Platonite sherbets by Hazel-Atlas.



Linda brought several pieces of Pyrex for my booth. This great promotional casserole was one of them. Linda didn’t have a lid for it, BUT she found one once she got here! Once again, a set is ....... Together At Last!!!



We had a great time and I’m sure Linda will blog about her adventures here in Mississippi. She’ll be home in a few days and you can read all about it at A La Carte.


I’m linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time

26 comments:

  1. Together at last! So glad the s&p and the Pyrex & lid are now happily reunited! I had so much fun with you and your Mom. I'm going to blog later about my trip! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those shakers had a lot of ketchin' up to do! That Thermos is a gas. The green cup is a hint that it's meant for margaritas, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shakers. I think my grandmother has that dish set! My mama has those chicken dishes. Love those!



    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the thermos you found AND what FUN the two of you had together! I wish I had been there! Enjoy your week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun together and treasure hunt. Not to mention how the shakers were able to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Sounds like you two had such a good time together and of course it was nice to get in some serious treasure hunting. Love those sherbets...pretty colors. Hope to hear more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to spend time with Linda and bring the salt and pepper and Pyrex dishes together. :) You found some neat things!

    Have a great week!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool that you two could meet and have some time shopping for treasures!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the two of you had a great time, Sherry! How fun! I love those sherbet dishes, I've never seen any like them before. Such fun colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun to see Linda, take her estate saleing and match your salt a pepper! I love that Hazel Atlas glass, she pointed you in the right direction all right!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SusanApr 16, 2012 06:18 PM
    Loved that you and Linda had a super get-together, Sherry. Loved the "together again" part of the post, too. Now that was a real "salt of the earth" story! ha! Take care. Susan
    p.s. Sorry about that last comment being deleted. Saw an error in it once I sent it. You know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to spend time with Linda. Would be a great adventure to go shopping with you and your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you two had some fun! And great treasures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a treat to shop with a g friend - and to get single s/p together again. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet story -- "together at last". So glad you and your mom had opportunity to spend time with a good friend. Love the sherbets!


    deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sherbets are my favorite , but so glad you salt has her mate now Mr pepper

    it is so fun to meet other bloggers and I hope to do that this summer, with a couple gals

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you and Linda had a fun time! That is so great to have been able to get together...in more ways than one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool thermos & sherbets!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a fun time was had by all. I was just over to Linda's blog looking at the pics she took of your booth. You should take pics and post them. You never know when someone (like me) will shop your pics. :)~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am jealouse haven't been out shopping for awhile. I know fun was had by all.

    Cathy's Cupboard Calamity <;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love the chicken figurine! It looks like milk glass!? Lovely finds and the HA sherbets are a treasure too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE those HA sherbets! the colors are just so pretty and summery.

    How fun that you got to reunite your set with a friend--I've had a similar experience with a HA cream & sugar set. I wanted to sing, "Reunited and it feels, so good!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sherry,
    How nice that the two of you got to meet up and go thrifting together. You found some neat things at the sales.

    Blessings,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Linda is such a doll! I bet you had a blast! I see the orphans are now reunited and you must have had a great time matching these items with their long lost relatives! Great to meet you here! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a complete set of the Rooster Reveille China...was so surprised to see the pics on your blog. It was my first set of china when I got married from my in-laws (1962) wow the memories it brings back!!! Enjoy your blog......

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!