Monday, April 2, 2012

Thrifting Fun Across the Miles

Have you ever gone thrifting with a friend?
It’s fun, isn’t it?



Have you ever gone thrifting with a friend
that lives across the country from you???



I did and I didn’t even know it was happening!

Confused? 
Well, let me explain.


First of all, let me introduce you to my friend, Linda! Her blog is A La Carte. Perhaps you follow her, too! If not, you should! We got to meet face-to-face about a year ago when Mr. B2V and I were travelling through the Atlanta area. Here’s a picture of our meeting.

I'm on the left; Linda is on the right
We’ve stayed in touch and find that we often thrift/treasure-hunt for the same things. A few days ago, Linda posted about a cute orphan pepper shaker that she had found at a thrift store. You can read her post here if you like.


That cute pepper shaker looked very familiar. I remembered that I had bought a set like it several months earlier. When I got the set home, I noticed that the pepper shaker was cracked and I threw it away leaving me with an orphan salt shaker.

Colonial Homestead by Royal China

When Linda posted her little pepper shaker, I found my matching salt shaker and commented on her post that either I needed to give up my salt to her or she should give up her pepper to me. I think everyone that read her post and the comments got a good laugh about our dilemma. Well, it turns out that Linda is going to give up her pepper shaker to me because she likes to find and rescue orphans and now her pepper is no longer an orphan!!!


To thank Linda for her generosity, I found an orphan shaker that I think will perfectly take the place of the one she gave up. I was thrifting only a few days later and found this precious little yellow bird shaker. I knew Linda would provide the perfect home for this little cutie because she loves birds.


So Linda, check your mail in the next few days because this little birdie is flying to Atlanta to be with you.

Look at that sweet face!!!


Now I just hope Linda doesn't already have the matching shaker!!!!


Have you ever thrifted "across the miles"??? 


I’m linking to the following parties:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time
 

17 comments:

  1. what a sweet sweet story...it is fun making far away friends...pen pal friends...love that

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a precious story! Isn't it WONDERFUL that we have so many friends ALL OVER! I never go thrifting without you all there "On My Shoulder"!
    Big Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! You are both such pretty ladies and I hope I can meet Linda some day! I'm SO glad I got to meet YOU! This was such a fun post. The bird you are sending her reminds me of one I have! heehee! Enjoy this beautiful week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the photo of you and Linda together. Isn't it fun meeting blogging friends in person. Linda is such a sweetheart to send you the pepper shaker...it was meant to be. The little birdie will have a good home at Linda's. Such a cute post...it put a big smile on my face:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I've never met you ladies, I feel like we're all friends following each others blogs! Our little bird couldn't go through the mail. We got our second pet budgie from a blogger friend "Erin from Yard Sale Snoop" who rescued him from her birdfeeder. She was able to drop him by my place where we have loved him ever since! I never thought to get the camera handy when we met...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sherry I love that little bird shaker orphan! I don't have the match (LOL)! I can't wait to get it! Thank you!!! I love our 'thrifting' across the miles. Hugs to you my friend!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun was that? The little orphan birdie is the perfect swap to get a salt shaker set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's fun! What a great way to spend your time, thinking about what your blogging buddy would like and following through on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how sweet, blogger friends are pricless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bloggy friends are priceless! And I think you both got a deal!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great thing to do -- exchange would-be "orphans".

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great story. We do come to think of our fellow bloggers as friends, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bloggy story! It's a small world after all. Visiting from Knick of Time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great post! Perfect for both of you! Haven't been able to thrift here in Massachetts, but having fun hiking and watching lacrosse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oops spelled Massachusetts wrong...sorry, clicked post without checking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful post! I found you at A La Carte and I'm so glad I did! I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!