Monday, April 9, 2012

Farm Fresh

This weekend Mom and I drove about 20 miles out of town to a yard sale in Hot Coffee, MS. Yes, that’s the name of a little town that basically consists of a charming little store at an intersection. Even though it’s only a short drive away, I had never been there and thought it would be fun to go.

Frankoma Pottery

We found the sale and after looking at a few pieces of Frankoma pottery, I noticed the table that the pottery was sitting on…..a great old farm table. Frank and Mike would call it “Farm Fresh”….. chippy paint on the legs with old tongue and groove flooring on the top and even a few cobwebs draped here and there for good measure. I asked if it was for sale. The answer was “yes” and there was even a matching bench.
SOLD!


More Frankoma Pottery

My vehicle was completely full after loading up the table, bench and pottery. We were thrilled with our farm fresh finds! As we turned onto the highway about four miles from home, I looked across the median at the open lot of a flea market and there stood a wonderful old yellow kitchen pantry. I had to go have a look because it could be perfect for some of the “smalls” in my booth. We circled back. I checked it out. 
SOLD!


Of course, the vehicle was packed to the max, so I had to go back for it after unloading the table. The next day, my sweet hubby helped me clean and move the three pieces of furniture into my booth. The old bench fascinated him because the wide single-plank top was made of heart pine and there were old saw marks on the cross pieces.

Enough talk?……Here are the pictures……..







 Farm Fresh Fun!!!


I’m linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time


16 comments:

  1. I love all your finds! That cupboard is gorgeous...now that is farm fresh indeed. Great table and bench. Gosh can't wait to visit and see everything in person! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupboard is amazing. Love the board and batten type look on the doors. Can't believe there's not a coffee shop in Hot Coffee! Maybe that would be too cliche though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow of the cupboard! What a wonderful shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love it all! We have the same taste, cause I would've picked up the same stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! You lucky girl! You definitely were in the right place at the right time. Both of these pieces are fabulous and will no doubt be gone from your booth right away. Good hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That definitely was a trip worth making! I'm thinking about you here in the mountains! We'll probably stop in at Bojangles while we're here for some chicken strips and I'll look for you! heehee! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make it sound so easy! Love your new finds and I don't think I would be putting those in a booth...I would have to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you hit the mother load, pay dirt call it what you like it's right up my alley for sure. Great pickings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pieces, I love the cabinet in yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You just stumbled onto some fabulous "farm fresh" finds!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I want that yellow cabinet just the color it is. Too bad Hot Coffee is so far away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Heart of pine is and really good and expensive piece of furniture. Oh I love finding tables, after I get through the Fancy Flea, my booth is getting a whole new look, I have had 2 terrible sales months at the booth because I have not been working it...Yep, You have got to work your booth. I would like to use more furniture pieces to display my smalls instead of the 2 shelves I have, that way everything in my booth is for sale

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear friend, It is so interesting that your blog name and my blog name is just similar. I like this very much. Both of us thought the same.. Surprise.. My name is Beck. Nice to meet you very much. I ll watch your nice blog till now. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great finds. I think I need to come down there- there have been only about three sales around here all year-it has just dried up! I could drive thirty minutes to Jackson, but the last couple of times I went, it was not worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cupboard! You found treasures when you hit the jackpot here! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!