Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Plunder



Friday was a great day for plundering! Finally there was an estate sale for Mom and I to attend and it was only a couple of miles away from home! We even went back on Saturday to pick up some bargains. Here’s a few of things we came home with…..

A quilt top that will make a great tablecloth, a cutting board and a pretty set of Hall salt and pepper shakers in the Rose Parade pattern.



A first for me was this McCoy Covered Casserole. It has a few chips, but it spoke to me so I brought it home. Mom found a cute restaurantware custard cup.



I love the lithography in old children’s books….This one is A Picture Book of Nature. I was hoping the little pig creamer was Shawnee, but it’s not. I still think it’s cute!!!



Finally, I found a very heavy glass container in the shape of a donkey. I saw a couple listed on eBay that identify it as a pipe holder by Vannes Le Chatel Glass. I think it could easily be used as a mint or nut dish instead.



A few months ago I published a post about “Star” depression glass dishes. While doing the research on that post, I found out that there was a matching pitcher with the star on the bottom of the pitcher.  Woohoo! I found the pitcher!!!



Did you get to plunder this weekend?


I’m linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow

20 comments:

  1. We didn't get to go junking this weekend but I do love see what everyone else finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wonderful finds! Never seen the Hall S&P...so cute! A first for the 'donkey' too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue Hall, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your casserole reminds me of Portmeirion Game Pie pots. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the chances? I'm so happy to see that you found the pitcher. That donkey dish is so sweet, just the right size for some little treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, Come over to visit -She Junks -and you will see what I picked up on Saturday at the 4-h rummage sale. I love those little animal creamers. I always have a great time junking with my daughter Kathy. She's coming to visit me this weekend. yippee.Smiles to you and your mom, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always find such great stuff.
    I'm going to have to look at the bottom of my pitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No plunder this weekend! I love your finds....those Hall S&P are so cute! Love that you found that star pitcher.
    I hope to hit some new junkin places this week! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the time I get around to plundering everyone else has beat me to the good stuff. I love resturantware and always have an eye out for it.Nice finds!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little pig creamer sure is sweet! I haven't been to a thrift store lately! I think I'll go tomorrow and swing by the library, too! I need to get OUT! lol ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little creamer is so cute, I like the donkey too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lucky finds, Sherry! It's great that you and your mom can enjoy treasure hunting together:) I think my grandma used to have a glass pitcher exactly like yours. She used hers to store milk in. Those salt & pepper shakers are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry,
    how fun for you and your Mom to go shopping together! You both found some great stuff! So glad you stopped by for a visit!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really found some cute stuff, Sherry! I like the sweet little salt and pepper shakers!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the S&P...blue always catches my eye! Haven't seen a donkey pipe holder before! LOL!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH! Gasp! I love those S&P!
    You found some great stuff...
    lucky girl!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Salt and Pepper shakers are beautiful -- and I love the pitcher. How big is it?

    Great finds,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those Hall S&Ps are great! And I love your mom's custard bowl! We have cereal bowls with that green band.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Didn't get to plunder in Florida, but did a lot of relaxing. I am in love with those salt and pepper shakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love seeing all your great finds. I would of picked up the McCoy too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!