Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Vintage Spice Rack


Roosters and spice make all things nice!?!

A few weeks ago I found this unique wooden spice rack. It’s marked with a Napco/Japan paper label on the bottom and each spice container features a proud rooster. I love the way that three roosters face one way…..three the other.



With a little research, I found out that roosters were a popular kitchen theme back in the 1950’s. I think that the fascination with roosters hasn’t waned any because roosters are popular sellers in my booth.




This rack has two hangers on the back that allows it to be hung on the wall. I like the way it looks on the back of my vintage O’Keefe and Merritt stove, but I can’t keep everything I like so I’ll be taking it to the antique mall this afternoon.



Do you use a rooster theme in your kitchen?


I’m linking to the following parties:

Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

17 comments:

  1. I've never seen one of these before...so darn cute. It's looking mighty fine on your vintage stove. Are you sure you want to part with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too great! I used to have chickens and roosters in my kitchen -- then I went pink.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the wooden cannister sets with roosters to match the spice set. I seen one at a flea market last summer.
    I had one and sold it in my yard sale

    The spice set is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your spice rack. We had the cannister set when I was growing up with the roosters. I have one still! I'll be following you! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the vintage roosters for sure. I do have some in my kitchen decorating. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an old set of canisters that are similar to these! It was given to me back in the '60s! I don't really have many roosters..but I like them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the roosters that I have and believe me...I have many...more than enough. These are cute though. Hummmm....Are you tempting me?? :)~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this spice rack. Roosters are not a theme in my house, but I think they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of people have a fascination with roosters. My sister does. You have some great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's darling! My mom had a wooden napkin holder with a rooster painted on it, so much fun!

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, I don't have a rooster thing going on, but I do like the ones I see out there...these are really cute.

    blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have a rooster theme, but put peach and sage cross stitch hearts and homes and I'd want it in a heartbeat! The t5wisted part is I'm trying to design that in my head right now! LOL I love the spice rack (and spices are my shoes, I have a ton of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry, I think roosters were hot in the 50's and now have reemerged....Everything seems to come back into style! You find the neatest things!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is this cute or what! So unique and charming! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is so cute! I have never seen a spice rack like that. I love seeing such vintage things! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sherry,
    I just stopped by and linked up Friend.
    You are such a great resource for Vintage.
    I agree with the polka dot closet.
    Have a great week:)
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is really unique with the curve like that. Thanks for linking up to the Share the Love Wednesday link party at Very Merry Vintage Style!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!