It was yet another weekend of zero yard sales, so I decided to tackle a long-overdue project. Last June I published a post about Vintage Canisters. In that post I showed you a set of 1960s-era canisters….
What I didn’t show you was the damage to one of the lids…..
I actually bought this set way back in 2010 and Plan A was to find a replacement knob during my many yard sale hunts; however, I’ve been unable to find one. So moving on to Plan B, I decided to replace all the knobs and bought wooden knobs to replace the original plastic ones.
I mixed orange and red craft paint to match the original knob color.
After applying several coats of paint to the knobs, I finished with a spray of matte finish sealer.
I glued and screwed the knobs onto the lids, placed the lids on the canisters and was ready to call the project complete until I noticed that there was the very faint shadow of a flower decal on each canister. My semi-perfectionist nature wouldn’t allow me to leave well enough alone and I just had to cover up those old decals.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you can guess what’s coming next! Yes, out came the chalkboard paint. I taped off a rectangle where the decals had been…..If you look really, really close, you can see the shadow of those old flower decals.
Three coats of chalkboard paint and …………
And if I’m not mistaken, reddish-orange is “IN” this year!!!
I’m linking to the following parties:
Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style