Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So What Do You Plant in a Strawberry Pot? – Part 2



Last spring I published a post entitled “So What Do You Plant in a Strawberry Pot?” Since there were no yard sales or estate sales this past weekend to tell you about, I thought I would take the opportunity to revisit my vintage strawberry pot and show you what I planted this winter.

The huge strawberry pot is visible from my office window and I love to keep something pretty planted in it. Just seeing the beautiful flowers makes me smile. Last spring they were begonias. This winter it’s pansies…. bright, colorful, cold-hardy pansies.




Thanks for doing a little container gardening with me. If you’re interested in planting pansies or begonias in YOUR strawberry pot, check out my earlier post for a few hints that will help you create a successful planting.

My "Assistant"


I’m linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

15 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love them and have been seeing pansies everywhere. I really would love to plant some. It's the one flower/plant that usually grows good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Your assistant is very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pansies and that is perfect to plant in the strawberry pot in the winter. I'm keeping my eyes open for a strawberry pot for a thrifty price to add to my deck garden. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! The yellow pansies are so cheerful! Enjoy your week, my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful -- and so is your "Assistant"!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just what I needed on this bleak January day. I can't wait to get back to gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so cheerful and spring like! It was warm here today...felt a little like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a vintage one last year and planted several different kinds of thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see cheerful, live flowers! A wonderful change from the snow-covered, rained-on sitation currently outside my window. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pansies make me long for spring! I need to head to the garden store and get something "springy" for indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look very cheerful!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pansies are so cheerfull in the dead of winter! My hubby was in Laurel on busiiness on Monday and if I had not been busy I would have come with him and shopped your booth.I will be glad when it gets warmer and people start having sales.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do you plant in a Strawberry Pot? I'm sure some say...Strawberry's...but I had a feeling that YOU would plant something unexpected....sure enough! Pretty Pansies and very pretty photos. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pansies and yours look so sweet planted in the strawberry pot. Your cute little assistant looks exactly like my kitty Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pansies look fabulous in the strawberry pot. Now you have my mind whirring with possibilities! Thanks for sharing with us at WIW. We love to party with you!
    See you next week.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!