Monday, January 9, 2012

Let the Treasure-Hunting Begin!


Mom and I might not be The Bobbsey Twins, but we had a great start to “Treasure-Hunting” for 2012!

The first local estate sale of the year was held this past weekend. We arrived early, but still stood in line behind about 40 other shoppers. I had my mind set on some Pyrex that had been pictured on EstateSales.net, but with so many others in front of us I had my doubts that I would be successful.

The doors opened promptly at 8:00am and we headed as quickly as we could to the little kitchen. I saw the Pyrex still on the counter and finally worked my way over to claim it. Mom stood by with a box into which I loaded a 9 x 13 Snowflake baker and a Snowflake loaf pan.



There was also a 1-1/2 quart yellow-green casserole that I couldn’t see in the pictures. Here it is with a vintage dishtowel featuring embroidered grapes and a demi-john.



I also found a Federal 3-spout measuring cup, a Hazel-Atlas ivy-embossed refrigerator dish and a cute green/yellow daisy apron.



Have you started treasure-hunting in 2012?



I’m linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm

20 comments:

  1. Wow you got some great things, love the snowflake pattern. I have not been hunting yet, but can't wait to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and "Mom" are off to a great start this year treasure hunting! May you have many great trips together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neice scored some great Pyrex this weekend too! My great buy was a brand new Aigner purse at the Goodwill for $5.00 and a brand new scrapbook with pages and 3 sheets of stickers for .95!! Not too bad!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great finds. Nope haven't started since nothing is happening around here. No estate or garage sales and our thrift stores have very little vintage items. Can't wait though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow you did great! Love the Pyrex of course and the 3 spout measuring cup is uber cool! Glad you found some great deals! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! I'm putting my shopping on hold for a while. I have uncovered a ton of stuff to put in my shop that I didn't even know I had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blue pyrex! No, haven't been to any estate sales. TRYING to stay away and get the family room cleaned out and my craft room ready!
    So, I'll just enjoy your finds!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that snowflake pattern pretty and I love the blue dish! I'm always on the look out but I haven't been to the thrift stores as much lately. I'm trying to declutter! lol HUGS to you, my friend! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snowflake pyrex- it looks to be in great condition! I especially love your Bobbsey Twins book. I read most (if not all) of them when I was a young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just amazed at the amount of different pyrex bowls out there! Never knew til I met you! I believe I have that green one in my cupboards! I'm pretty sure my mom still has a Bobbsy twins book or two!

    I know you had a good time scouting out new treasures!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had your eye on those Pyrex pieces and weren't going to let anything or anyone stop you! Good job! Love the pretty blue and white pattern. Hope you don't have to compete with your mom. Mine is so funny; I always drive and she jumps out of the car almost before I'm parked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What cheery Pyrex pieces. Great estate sale finds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had so much fun. I haven't started yet, but you've got me going. I am going to have to seek out and find ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were very successful in your finds. The three-spout measuring cup is fantastic!

    Happy (treasure) hunting in the future!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the pyrex, matches mine from this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you and your mom had a fun day, Sherry! I always think of you now when I see Pyrex! I have a feeling that now that the demand for it is growing, the prices are going to go way up!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds Fun! I wish my mom was still with me and in good health. She probably would have loved doing the same thing!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun and good deals. I miss going to estate and garage sales. They have totally dried up in my area! Maybe it's Gods way of telling me I have enough!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My girlfriend has me out looking for the turqouise snowflake! I love hunting and you did great.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!