Thursday, November 17, 2011

"U" is for....



The previous leg of my Alphabe-tour was the letter “T.” At the end of that post I warned you that the next letter, “U,” could get ugly. I was uneasy about the letter “Q” and feel uncertain about the upcoming letters “X,” “Y” and “Z,” but “U” has turned out to be the ultimate challenge so far. Numerous adjectives begin with “U” but nouns and pronouns of vintage wares are quite unusual. Now I wish I had bought that Underwood typewriter I saw last month!!!

“U” is for….

Ucagco Vase
Japan


Utensils



Universal Potteries
Cattail pattern sold by Sears 



Underwear Box
Fruit of the Loom



Unicorn plate
Restaurantware by Sterling China




“V” is the next letter with various vintage items to view!!!


I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

15 comments:

  1. You did very well with your letters. I probably would not have one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think U is a challenge and you did great. Looking forward to V!!! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Underwear box! For some reason I could not think of a U that you could use, but you have quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. U got some great stuff even without the Underwood typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable -- the things you found -- the vase is gorgeous -- and the underwear box is great!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the underwear box! What a great plate too! Love that, very unusual. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post put a great big smile on my face. Loved all the U words. And the U things, but the underwear box is the ultimate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the U items! I love utensils. And that underwear box is in great shape.

    I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I had a boutique and it wiped me out! :) Now that it's over, I'm back to visiting my favorite blogs.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "U"nderware box. U did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great U items! Luv the underwear box! U are unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "U" are incredible, I would never think of something for the letter u...Love the old underwear box!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Underwear...hmmmm! Well, this is one you don't see every day! heehee! Love your finds and the alphabet gives you a little challenge! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember the first time I saw underwear, men and womens, sold in boxes. It was in an old Sundries store in Kentucky when I was a little girl.~Ames

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!