Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Still in Christmas Mode

With Open House looming large, I’m still in Christmas mode. There are still many items to clean and price and several displays to create. I have a necessary case of tunnel vision, but I still miss visiting your blogs and I hope to catch up after Sunday’s event.

Mom and I did make it to one promising yard sale this past weekend and found a few things perfect for the Open House.

I thought this holly pitcher and tumbler set would be perfect for entertaining during the holidays.



Santa and his toy bag make the cutest sugar and creamer set. Santa’s left hand is actually the top of a sugar spoon. The set is by Fitz and Floyd.



This set of eight Libbey Golden Leaf tumblers would shine on a holiday table or grace a special meal anytime of the year.



Lastly, here’s a shot of one of my shelf displays.



So what are you up to this week?



11 comments:

  1. Oh you found some great pieces! Love the Fitz and Floyd set! I collect Santas and yes this would look great on any table! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! :)
    Love those leaf glasses, especially. Happy NOVEMBER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I'm doing what you're doing -- cleaning, sorting & pricing for a show in a couple of weeks. Wish I could get me hands on thise green glasses in the last pic! Hope you have a wonderful Open House! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nov 1st, Halloween is over..let the Christmas season begin? Next week my cousins and girlfriend hit Home Goods for our annual shopping trip.
    Not sure I am ready!
    You found some great pieces, how fun to do it with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute all your Christmas goodies! I'm still hoping to visit you and your shop 'one of these days'! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shelf really looks pretty with the Christmas things! I love those two little angels! I went to a couple of thrift stores yesterday...finally! Found a few pretties, of course! I sure love finding vintage Christmas items! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry...my goodness but time flies when your havin' fun bloggin' and livin' life. I've been doing lots of both without much time for visiting, so I'm just droppin' in to say Howdy, and invite you to stop by CollectInTexas Gal.

    As times change for all of us, our Blogs seem to reflect those changes in our interests, and CITexas Gal has changed a bit with the addition of Tracks of My Texas Ancestors. Yep, I've been bitten by the Genealogy Bloggin' Bug.

    I'd love to share the Blogging Genealogy Community with you. I hope you will have a minute to stop by and see/read the 'May I Introduce You To' interview Feature on CollectInTexas Gal/Tracks of My Texas Ancestors by GeneaBlogger.

    Sue...CollectInTexas Gal
    http://collectintexasgal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all the Halloween festivities over, I'm now inspired to work on Christmas. However, too much volunteering to do at the schools!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're getting a lot of pretty things for Christmas. It won't be that long. Have a Blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Mr. Brown Socks and I received those Libby leaf glasses as a wedding gift!! Ours came in a gold caddy. Every single one has since broken. :( I always loved them.

    So fun to see your display! Keep going...it will be here soon!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Christmas mode :). Great finds! Hope your open house goes well.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!