Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Weekend Finds


Did you have a good Thanksgiving holiday?
I hope so!!!


I had a busy, but wonderful, weekend and am very grateful for those Black Friday and Small Business Saturday shoppers that visited, and made purchases from, my vintage booth!!!



It’s been almost a month since our Christmas Open House and this week I had to replenish many of my displays. In doing so, I realized that there were several yard and estate sale finds that I haven’t shown you yet.


Aren’t these baby pillowcases just “darling?” I especially like the one with the appliqu├ęd plaid kitten. The white cats coat hook to the right is by Avon and would look sweet in a nursery.



I was told that this small makeup/train case is at least 75 years old and I couldn’t pass up a jar full of corks even though I don’t know what I’m going to do with them yet. Any ideas?



My mom was with me when we found the vintage bun warmer. She remembers that my aunt had one and used it often. The blue/white mold looks like Delft, but isn’t marked. I love the combination of red and green, but not just at Christmas time. The two Glasbake mugs fill the bill!!!



Have you started, or finished, your Christmas shopping?



I’m linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm

15 comments:

  1. Great goodies Sherry. I think my favorite is that sweet bun warmer.
    Christmas shopping....I bought one gift so far, that's it. I had a chance to do that during one of my craft shows. I always prefer to buy from other vendors:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bun warmer...I think my mother had one of those! I've had a great weekend and a busy day today...so I'm a happy camper! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, You and Linda from A La Carte always find the goodies. I'm done with the Christmas shopping. Finished last month. My daughter and I worked off of the Santa/Wish list and did it to avoid the mess that's going on out there. My goodness it's crazy time!!
    We have a new antique mall opening up here in my little town. I thought about renting a booth but was unsure if I would come out ahead every month or be owing to keep the stuff there.Good luck with yours. I hope you sell tons!!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving was great -- I'm thankful for all I have to be thankful for! My aunt had a bun warmer that she used sooooo many years ago. Neat -- and so is the mold.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cup and case are fab (oooh, wouldn't that be a good name for a vintage coffee/antique shop?) and the corks? Well, if I had 'em I'd carry them around with me this holiday season because you never know when you're gonna meet somebody you want to do more than just SAY put a cork in it to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that mug!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mugs are really sweet! I have an old bun warmer and need to find where I stashed it so I can use it! I am still doing some shopping but mostly vintage and some new things that Tiger needs. It's going to be a small gift giving year but still full of joy! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all of the vintage items you found. I used to have a booth in a local antique mall and can empathize with how difficult it is to keep it full of interesting new items this time of year. I stayed away from the stores on Black Friday and have most of my Christmas shopping done...I make most of my gifts, collect vintage items for gifts all year, and finished up the kids' gifts on Amazon. Now to get started writing out all the cards...! Great finds...so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bun warmer. I found one this summer and just love using it ~ wonderful vintage finds. the little pillow case with the kitty is adorable ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always so fun to see what treasures you've found, Sherry! I love that train case, what a find! Maybe you could just toss all of those corks in a neat big glass jar or bottle, and add a sprig of greenery and a bow of twine around the neck. Simple might be better in this case:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue and white mold! And, that pillowcase is darling...couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i thought that the small business Sat was such a great idea. I always try to buy what I can from the businesses in our downtown. I enjoy buying in a small store and getting to know the owners. glad it was successful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sweet pillowcase, and the train case.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved all my treasures that I got for Christmas from your booth! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!