Monday, November 7, 2011

Catching Up!

I’ve got some catching up to do now that yesterday’s Christmas Open House is history. Hundreds of visitors passed through the Antique Mall and enjoyed shopping, food, door prizes and lots of holiday inspiration. I thought I would share another couple of pictures with you before I move on.



Below is a simple and fun centerpiece that you might want to try for yourself. I found a vintage pie plate and in the center placed two battery-operated tea lights and covered them with an old 4-sided grater. Then I surrounded the grater with red and white peppermints for shoppers to enjoy. You could use greenery instead of peppermints, if you need a quick and easy focal point.



Last year I assembled grab bags full of old written and clipped recipes that I had gathered over the year. The bags were all sold by Christmas, so I did the same this year.


In addition, I filled fruit baskets with vintage cookbooks, "calendar" dishcloths and other vintage hand towels.



I also had to try my hand at stamping candles. Carol at The Polka Dot Closet posted an excellent tutorial on the process and it works just like she instructed.


Thanks, Carol! If you would like to try it, click here.


* * * * * * *

Last, but certainly not least, one of the most important things I need to catch up on is to
say “thanks” to Kelly at till death do us part. I won her Skoy Cloth giveaway a few weeks ago.


Skoy Cloths are a unique alternative to the kitchen sponge. Click here to visit Kelly and learn about Skoy Cloths and the other practical and eco-smart products that Kelly shares with her readers. Thank you, Kelly!!!

* * * * * * *

Now I just need to catch up on what YOU’VE been doing. I’ll be trying to visit as many of you as I can this week. I’m sure I’ll be blown away with all of the awesome creativity, treasure-hunting and thrifting that I’ve missed!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the old grater with the tea lights inside. I need to get some more of the battery one's for this years decorating. Much safer then candles for sure. Glad all went well. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a successful event! I wish I could get my hands on some of the vintage Christmas linens I see in your photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your displays! What a great idea with the vintage recipes, very clever indeed. I saw Carol's tutorial, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Glad to hear your open house was such a success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the open house. Tis the season, I am hearing nothing but great things lately about open houses and doing well...YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love going to Christmas Open House.

    I went to our Market House Antique Mall open house and won $10.00 gift certificate.
    I spent it right away LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!