Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tom Tom the Piper's Son



Tom Tom the piper's son
Stole a pig and away he ran,
The pig was eat and Tom was beat
And Tom went roaring down the street.




This Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme is the inspiration for a teapot designed by Shawnee.


I was fortunate to find this one in an old junk shop a couple of weeks ago.


According to my Shawnee book, it was made sometime between the mid-1940s to 1954.


As you see, it was pretty dirty filthy. The pig has a little chip on his right ear (back side), but I guess that just gives it “character.” Still, I think it was quite a find!

I gave it a much needed bath!!!



I’ll be putting in my booth this weekend.



Do you, or anyone you know, collect teapots?


I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

18 comments:

  1. Tom, Tom cleaned up nicely! What a cute teapot and I agree a great find. Teapot collecting is very popular I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not collect teapots. But that one sure is cute. Soap and water does wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you were finding this cookie jar. It definitely is vintage and appears in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, Tom is so cute! Lucky you on this fabulous find!!

    I appreciate you linking to Potpourri Friday! You are such a big help in making it a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry,

    What a FUN find! I love how he cleaned up so well. I'm sure he won't be in your booth for long.

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sure cleaned up well! Haven't seen one like him before.
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. That reminds me of a cookie jar that my mother has had all of my life, and I am 60. We were told it is very valuable. You have a great find there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have had no idea what that was! Good for you to recognize a treasure that just needed a little cleaning. I have not sold teapots for quite a while because I have not seen any good ones, but when I had them they sold well!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute teapot! You really made him shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love running across unique finds such as this teapot? Very cute. The bath did wonders! I have a few teapots, but don't really collect them.

    Hey, I'm using Google Chrome and I think it just might work for me!! :) Yippee Skippy!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this cleaned up so well!! Love this little cutie!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That came up so well after a clean, it's even shiny! Great find. Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Yes, I do collect teapots! Thanks for sharing this cutie with us!

    Sarah
    Hope In Every Season

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great find! I also collect Shawnee and have several of the simple flower teapots. I think this is quite collectible. I am excited for you. I love vintage and I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great find! this is a very unique and cute teapot! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it, you were in the right place at the right time. What a huge difference a bath makes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!