Thursday, October 6, 2011

"S" is for....

It’s a beautiful sunny day here in South Mississippi, so I think it’s the perfect time for the next segment of the Alphabe-Tour. If you’ve been following me for a while, then surely you know that “S” is the next letter. If you're new, then get ready for some vintage cyber-shopping. I’ve shuffled things around in my booth since the last tour and I’ve found several things to show you. I think a couple of them will surprise you and others will, I hope, make you smile.

“S” is for….

Stuffed egg plate



Snowflake Snack Tray by Indiana Glass



Sandwich Glass Sherbet



Strainers



Scoops



Spring Blossom Green Refrigerator Dish and
Snowflake Divided Casserole by Pyrex



Salt & Pepper Shakers
various manufacturers and patterns



Santa S&P Shakers by Holt Howard



Stadium Checkers and SunCrest Soda Bottle



Shuttlecocks (for badminton)
Yes, those are real feathers!



Did you see something special?

I’ll tease you with the “T”s next time!!! 




In order to make it easier for you to check out previous installments
of my alphabetical tours, just click on The Alphabe-Tour tab under my header.
From there you can quickly visit any of the previous letters.



I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Time Travel Thursday at A Brambleberry Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

23 comments:

  1. I kind of like those stadium checkers...they look "fun for all ages!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many goodies! I like that clear glass snowflake plate and love Sandwich Glass. I have 1 piece that I treasure. Ooo, I like your Pyrex, too. And you've got some H Holt Mr. and Mrs. Santa s&p shakers! That's a triple-good find to tempt collectors of s&p shakers, Howard Holt items, and Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the neatest things. I love the Santa S&P shakers! Thanx for coming to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love the tour of your booth! Great 'S' items. I love the Santa S&P also...great items. I think the other S&P's are pretty cute also. I would add that green sandwich glass to my collection in a heartbeat! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a "S"uper post! I love the Santa Salt and pepper. I got to say ...the "Stuffed eggs" where a stretch LOL!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the strainers!
    You always have such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your post !!! I also love the dark blue salt and pepper set so sweet. Im your newest follower on your blog. Hope you come over and join my blog also.
    Have a great week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the salt and pepper shakers! I think I'm going to use one of mine to make a Santa! heehee...or HoHo! Enjoy your evening! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great post! I agree the Santa salt and pepper shakers are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute goodies. I found 3 of those green sherbet glass and matching saucers at my Mom's last spring. Sandwich glass?

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. You participation is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply a super selection of "S"'s

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply great items -- 'specially love the scoops, snack tray and strainers. I have my mother's snack trays -- they are not snowflake design though.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some super S stuff 'specially: Snowflake snack plates, salt & peppers, Santas, scoops and snowflake divided casserole. Simply sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  14. why yes, the shuttlecocks, we have a cousins weekend coming up and we will be playing badminton!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that when you get to the end of the alphabet, you start all over again:-) Love all your "S" goodies especially the salt and pepper shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your super snowflake patterned divided dish really spoke to me, Sherry! It is simply sensational! I wish that we had some of your sunny skies here in Seattle, as well. Can't wait to hear all about your terrific "t-s"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodnes Sherry...you really have some SPECTACULAR SELECTIONS for S!! Love the snack trays....always have! But those Santa Salt & Peppers really STOLE the SHOW! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun post! I spent many hours playing that Stadium Checkers game...I was pretty good at it! I love the Santa S&P, I've never seen those before!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What neat S's...i love the sherbert dishes, how pretty is that green.....
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the S items! Especially the Stadium checkers and the scoops. You always find such fun things.

    Have a great weekend!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those S treasures are Super Superior! Love the red topped and Santa S & P shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun "s" finds Sherry! I collect the little strainers. And those are in nice shape. Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!