Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hold Your Horses!



Last week I posted a “whazzit” that I had found and asked for your help to identify it. Trivia extraordinaire, Ames of Girl Raised in the South, and others informed me that it was a metal comb used to groom horses.



Since I don’t have a horse, I decided to re-purpose it…..and I had an idea but I needed a magnet …..preferably one with a horse on it.  Earlier that day I had seen a horse head pin that would be perfect. I knew I could make a magnet from it, but where had I seen it?  Mom and I had been to several yard sales that morning and I had been blog-hopping before that, but I couldn’t remember exactly where I had seen it. 

Later that day…..blogging again, I revisited Renee of Where the Grass is Greener. She was having a sale at her Etsy shop, Country Tag Sale, so I took a look through the items and….you guessed it…..there was the horse’s head pin. I ordered it immediately and here it is.


I attached a magnet to the pin and in combination with the grooming comb, I have the perfect way to Hold My Horses!!!



Images from The Graphics Fairy

Thank you, Ames, for identifying my whazzit and Renee for having just the right item to complete my crazy repurposing idea.

I’m linking to the following parties:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Creative Bloggers Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime

13 comments:

  1. Cute idea. That's the great thing about blogging, someone, somewhere always has the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love it and I love that you turned it into a magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea -- bloggers could solve the world's problems if the government would just ask!


    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect Sherry. Great teamwork:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love horse pins! I thought your were going to show a children's book and I was about to pout! heehee! Enjoy your afternoon!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew somebody in blog land would know what that was. How fun an idea to make a magnet out of that pin to 'hold your horses'. Love you re-purposing!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! The guesses reminded me of This Old House when they bring out something and they make each other guess what it is.

    Ann

    A Sentimental life

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great Sherry! I'm glad you found out exactly what it was and found the pin and pictures to go with it. Well done!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!!! I'm your newest follower...thanks for stopping by my blog a few days ago.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! As a horse person myself, I can appreciate the beauty of that whole set from a horse-person view, and a thrifter/repurposer view! That's a really cool old curry comb, but the pin turned magnet puts the icing on the cake! I can't wait to find a horse pin like that somewhere and use it for something awesome like you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! I say that expression to my kids all the time!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. UR2Clever! Love that you turned the pin into a magnet, inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!