Thursday, October 27, 2011

Christmas Already???



It might be Halloween at your house, but it’s been Christmas at mine for several weeks. That’s because the Annual Christmas Open House at Southern Antique Mall (where I rent my booth) will be held Sunday afternoon, November 6. The Open House is our biggest event and the staff and dealers are working very hard getting everything ready for hundreds of shoppers that will visit that day. So I apologize if I haven’t stopped by your blog as often as usual or posted as often to this blog….I’ve been very busy! 

Can I make it up to you by showing you a makeover?

Last July I found this unique candle tree and I knew it was perfect for Open House.


I haven’t been able to find anything about it online, but it has an Alpine/Scandinavian look to it. It stands 24” tall and 20” wide and is completely made of wood with the cutout areas constructed from thin plywood.


The natural brown color was just too drab for me, so I grabbed a can of heirloom white paint and added some red candles.



Now it looks more like Christmas to me!

Next week I’ll show you how I incorporated the candle tree into one of my booth vignettes. In the meantime, here are a couple of other displays that I’ve been working on:


The mantle is decorated in green and gold. A large Mason's platter is surrounded by an EAPC egg plate and several pieces of Moon and Star glassware including decanter/glasses, candlesticks and sugar/creamer.




Turn around and you'll find a fun vintage display in turquoise and red.




I’ll post more pictures from the booth as I complete the displays.


If you'll be in the Laurel area on November 6, please consider this an invitation to join me at the Open House. There will be door prizes, delicious food and, of course, some great shopping. Back2Vintage is located on the second floor.


I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense

16 comments:

  1. OH! Pretty! I love the red and turquoise, especially. The coat of white definitely helped the little pyramid liven up!
    I hope the weekend is WONDERFUL!
    :)
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red and turquoise is awesome -- and the candle tree absolutely beautiful. I plan to be at the Open House!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, it's just amazing what that coat of paint did to that tree! All of that intricate wood cutting now stands out so well. I'm sure it won't last long in your booth. I love so many of the things you showed in these pictures. Wish I lived closer...

    Good luck with your show!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't live close to Laurel, but can I come? I'd love it. Your displays are sure to be a big hit. Love the turquoise and red, and the mantel. The sweet tree looks so much better now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I soo would come and shop! We are getting ready for our Christmas Open house next week. It will be crazy at the cottage and so we are closing till Thursday evening. I am a tad nervous since it will be my first time with a rented space even little as it is. Thanx as always for coming by to party! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat to get a glimpse of your booth. You always find the neatest things. I'm sure your customers will be so happy to discover unique items. I loved seeing your little vignettes. Looking forward to more.

    How I wish I could come! Good luck with it all..I totally understand! ;)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great little makeover. Adding that white paint really did the trick. It looks so pretty. I love that egg plate too- GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful makeover! It looks so festive! I've been in Xmas mode too. My husband thinks I've lost my mind! Glad I am not alone - ha!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful vignette. I've never seen Pyrex looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The candlestick looks great painted white. I love the Turquoise and Red display...very eye catching! Can't wait to see more! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking awesome! I'll be getting my spaces ready for Christmas Nov 1st..can't wait! Love decorating for Christmas.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I wish I was closer! I see so many pretty things and you really have displayed everything beautifully! I love the colors you've mixed and that candle tree is unique! Enjoy your week, girlfriend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved seeing these great festive images! Only 56 days to go!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to come shop in your shop! The white paint makes that piece... (ugh I hate the term 'pop')let's see... it makes it vastly superior to the original form in a way that draws the eye and engages the imagination. Better? Naw. It pops.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The white just makes that piece stand out! I love it. Your shop really looks great with all the fun finds! Thank you for sharing them with us at TTF and have a happy November 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All are so nice but the candle tree is just terrific! It looks so much better in white! Thanks for linking this terrific post at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!