Monday, September 19, 2011

Something to Sink My Teeth Into!



It’s been almost a month since I’ve written a post about my “weekend finds.” There haven’t been any estate sales nearby and the yard sale ads haven’t had those appealing catchwords like “antiques” or “old glassware” or “cleaning out 30 years of stuff.” Finally this past weekend proved to be promising since there was an estate sale in town.

Mom and I got up early Friday morning and found ourselves standing in line with 50-60 other people outside the sale. I guess we weren’t the only ones needing a “weekend finds” fix! There had been a partial listing of the estate sale items in the newspaper, so Mom and I decided to divide and conquer to get to more items. Mom planned to head straight to the vintage ceramic Christmas tree that I wanted. I decided to go to the kitchen to get any Corning Ware that was left (it’s a big seller for me!) and then free-style for anything vintage that caught my eye.

Mom scored the ceramic Christmas tree and a Mikasa ceramic holiday box.



I found a huge 5-quart Corning Ware casserole plus a Moon and Star crystal relish dish and an Anchor Hocking 3-spout measuring cup. Of course, I couldn’t pass up an old Charleston, SC cookbook.



This Samsonite train case and Nashco tissue box also went in my pile. I immediately thought of Carol at The Polka Dot Closet. I wonder how she would refurbish that train case.



And then my free-styling paid off!
I saw the most unique item at the sale….. the pinnacle of “vintage-ness” …….so cute and so practical……something to really “sink my teeth into!”



A Chopper Hopper for me!



And one for Hubby, too!!!




Well, we don’t have dentures yet,
but it pays to be prepared, huh???



I’m “hopping” over to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm


23 comments:

  1. OMG, I love the chopper hoppers. I have never seen any before. They are so cute and I bet they will be awesome sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds but those chopper hoppers are the best! I think they are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chopper hoppers are so cute! Oh I can just see them in a bathroom! Funny! Love that 3 spout measuring cup! Great finds. Mr ALC has a ceramic Christmas tree like that we bring out each year. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chopper hoppers are fantastic - soooo funny ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds, I love the Christmas tree! I enjoy reading your blog. I am new to blogland so it would be great if you could read my blog and follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Those chopper hoppers ARE the funniest...but practical, too! They are cute! So are you going to keep them! heehee! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing out loud at the denture pots! Hilarious. Just think, when you're old and grey, there they will sit on your bedside stands! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's just too cute. You found some really neat stuff. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom used to have one of those exact trees when I was a little girl. I used to love it. You have me wondering what ever happened to it now!

    Love the Chopper Hopper's- entirely too cute. Thanks for sharing your finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what some great finds! Brought back memories when I saw the suitcase. We had blue ones! Saw your comment over At the Picket Fence & decided to drop by & guess what I'm from MS too.
    For some reason your follwing button was not working, so will try it later. Have a great week & I'll be dropping back by to see what you are finding! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds Sherry! I love those chopper hoppers! I'm impressed that they are in such good condition.

    Have a great week!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. The two of you sure had a great day. I LOVE those chopper hoppers, and to find a pair is a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL @ Chopper Hopper.

    Love seeing a pic of that ceramic Christmas tree - brings back great memories. My grandparents had it & I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those "chopper hoppers" are too funny! I especially like the train case- looks like it's in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I LOve Love the chopper jars!!!!! Thanks for the shout out! I love to find white suitcases, no painting needed, just do polka dots, honestly the white ones sell well just as they are!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're right for not telling me about this. Love it all, but the chopper hoppers are too funny. I have never seen anything like them before. I'll bet your mom had a good laugh, too.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. those chopper hoppers are a hoot! I like the measuring cup the best

    ReplyDelete
  18. The chopper hoppers are hilarious, and creepy. I love the ceramic tree, my Mom has one just like it that my Aunt made us many many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL those chopper hoppers are so funny but still cute. Glad you got the whole set.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you found some really great stuff this weekend, too! Those chopper hoppers are too funny!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the chopper hoppers, so amusing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are hysterical! I have one of those ceramic Christmas trees, too. My grandmother made it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great treasure hunt! I have a Chopper Hopper. I got braces on my teeth in my 30s and keep my retainer in it all day and slap it in my face at night. Love yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!