Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It’s Been a Crazy Week!

We had an unwelcome visitor over the holiday weekend…..Tropical Storm Lee. He brought several inches of rain to our area, downed trees and forced the cancellation of my hubby’s favorite annual golf tournament. It was indeed a miserable weekend to be outside! If it was in my power, I would have shoved the whole system over to Texas. Lee’s rains would have helped the awful fires they’re having and my heart goes out to them.


Since it was not a good weather weekend, it WAS a good weekend to move. That’s right…..I’ve been busy moving…..that’s why I’ve been somewhat absent in Blogland this week.  No, I’ve not moved from my home……I decided to consolidate my two booths at the Antique Mall into one and it’s been quite a job. It might as well have been storming outside because I haven’t seen the light of day for a week.


If you’re local and familiar with my booths, you know that I have the “corner booth” and the “kitchen booth.” A couple of extra feet became available at the end of my “kitchen booth,” so I have vacated the “corner booth” and have moved into the expanded “kitchen booth.” This has given me the opportunity to pull all my things together in one space and brand the booth as “Back2Vintage” (of course)!



I made the sign by stencilling letters onto yellowed pages from an old recipe book.



Here are a few more photos from the "new" Back2Vintage space.







If you’re in the area, I hope you’ll stop by and check out the changes. You’ll find some great bargains because I have marked down many items since my space is smaller now AND I have plenty of “new” items waiting at home.


Did you have a good holiday or did Lee visit you, too?


19 comments:

  1. I wish I was close enough to stop by! I think I see a stack of books in there somewhere! I LOVE the sign you made...how creative and FUN! We had a rainy day yesterday but I was happy to stay home for a change! We had a lot of fun over the weekend! Love your new expanded booth! One of these days I'll come to shop! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had spread-apart booths before and I was always SO glad to put them together. In addition to my booth spaces, this year I have a 'bookshelf' by the front counter - I used to sell new Antiques and Collectibles guides etc. from that shelf - and never really sold much of anything. In February this year I switched it to 'collectibles' and the shelf is now a roaring success. I am very careful to stock it with 'sure sellers' to make sure it pays its own way.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving antique mall spaces feels like moving a whole house, doesn't it? All those bits and pieces and not quite far enough to box it up...hope you're happily settled in your expanded space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee could have been much worse -- and like you, I wish we could have sent it to Texas. Please tell Rodney sorry about the golf tournament. I can hardly wait to visit your new "arrangement" -- love the recipe book pages. You find a use for everything!!! See you soon!!!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had Lee--I think maybe y'all had it worse, though.
    Your new space looks pretty and intriguing. Just the type place I'd love to go poking around in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new space looks great! I wish I lived close enough to visit. I love your sign, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your space looks fantastic. I love the sign...so simple, yet so interesting and fun. Sorry about the storms. We're getting them here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your booth looks great. I especially love your bowls. It will be much easier to take care of with it all together. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should all do the rain dance for those poor people over there in Texas. I know thay would appreciate the rain.
    Say, how much is the little basket sitting on top of the Coke crate??? ~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee visited us also. We had a few Tornado warnings but we were lucky and no damage in our neighborhood. Your new expanded booth looks great! I can't wait to visit it when I come through MS next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No visit from Lee but I'd like to visit your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee dropped over 12 inches of rain onus. My whole street flooded, over two feet of water outside and in the basement. What a mess! Still we are blessed and so many are not.Wish I could have sent some of this to Texas too. Planning on visiting your booth now that it is cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only have one booth, but if I was going to get another one I would have them right next to each other too! Lots of goodies in that booth. I am going to have to do a whole booth redo soon.....YUK, a 2 day process, but it keeps it fresh!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would be there in a heartbeat! If I were local. Love your booth and I picked out several things window shopping. I think this will work out so much better for you- it looks great.
    Sorry about Lee dumping on you. I wish it would have went to Texas, too. They are having the worst year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly have some great items in your booth! I was suppose to head that direction this Fall, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to now. I sure wanted to stop by!
    We got some good rain here in S. Arkansas..but not the damaging winds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the move Sherry! Your booth looks great! I'm so sorry Lee messed up your weekend. The weather has been crazy in so many parts of the country in the past week.

    I sure wish I lived closer so I could come shop!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too bad about your downed tree! That storm must have been scary! Your booth looks great, sounds like you've been hard at work! I sure would love to shop there if I was closer:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shew I would give anything to send Texas some of our rain. I don't mind it raining here but I sure would love for them to get those fires under control.

    ReplyDelete
  19. marylnail@bellsouth.netSeptember 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM

    We probably had 10 inches of rain at my house in Picayune! Praying the next storm will go to Texas! I hope to visit your booth someday in the near future. Laurel is my hometown, but we don't get there much anymore.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!