Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Q" is for....

The next letter of the Alphabe-Tour has put me in a serious quandary. “Q” is next and is one of the letters that I've been dreading. It's impending appearance has actually made me question my sanity for starting The Tour in the first place. You see, I don’t have any Quimper pottery, Quaint furniture, Queen Mary glassware or Quaker State Motor Oil signs. I even scoured the vast quantity of booths at the World’s Longest Yard Sale for any qualified items, but to no avail. But I’m not a quitter…..I’ve found a few Qs among the items in my booths. Some are obvious…..I hope the others will put a quick smile on your face.



“Q” is for……


Quilt (of course)



another Quilt



Quart-size fruit jar



Quilted Crystal jelly jar by Ball



Quart-size milk bottle



Quest of the Missing Map – Nancy Drew book



And I hope you’ll forgive me for this one…

“Quacker”

Duck planter



“R” is next....maybe I can redeem myself with that one!


In order to make it easier for you to check out previous installments
of my alphabetical tours, just click on The Alphabe-Tour tab under my header.
From there you can quickly visit any of the previous letters.



I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Time Travel Thursday at A Brambleberry Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

27 comments:

  1. Sherry, you did a GREAT job finding Q items! Fun post! :)

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite remarkable post. Quaint and quick witted...nice. Quacker is my favorite.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'Quacker'!! Great post and I think you did pretty darn well for Q. It is a hard one but Quilts are always lovely to see. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quacker is just adorable!!! Love the quilts too. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT!!! Love your "Q"s

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. In your quest to find q-s, you managed to find quite a quantity of quality treasures! Whew, try saying that quickly three times in a row! Sounds like the r-s will be much more relaxing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE!!!!

    Ohhh Nancy Drew! I had all my Mom's books!! Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing all your "Q's". I have to always choose quilts, as I dearly love them. That is a very pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quacker...UM, I don't know LOL! I never thought of quilt!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. All wonderful Q words!! Love the scrap quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Q is for sometimes you are quirky! ;) Love the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, made me smile. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question: How in this world do you come up with such wonderful ideas? Great post!!!


    deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo, Sherry! For someone who was worried about the letter "Q", you did a fantastic job representing it. Love the "quacker"! ;)

    Thanks for joining the party.

    Hugs,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL Sherry! You did a GREAT job with Q. I love the ones you came up with that you didn't have as much as the ones you have. You are so creative and I would love to visit your booth in person.
    You put a smile on my face! :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so witty, and you find such great goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd certainly be in a quandry about this one, ha ha. I see that you're in Laurel--I'll have to come visit your booth sometime since I'm just down in Picayune (I have a booth at Barze Place Antique Mall). Neighbors, almost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love quilts and the second one looks so soft and pretty! I could take the Nancy Drew book and the quilt and be happy for an afternoon! Enjoy your weekend, my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree..Q can be for quirky when searching vintage finds. Love your "quacker"

    ReplyDelete
  20. p.s. - stop by for a giveaway if you find the time

    ReplyDelete
  21. Quite a Quirky but quiant post you have quilled. Although "quacker" was a bit questionable, I think it still qualifies! Thanks for joining TTF and have a quiet queenly weekend that doesn't go by too quickly! PHEW!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty stuff! Old quilts are my favorite!



    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love quilts! I have spent the weekend looking online for that perfect quilt for my guest room. Not having any luck!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great selection of Q goodies. I love those quilts and that quacker fits right in.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!