Sunday, August 14, 2011

More Hot Finds From The World’s Longest Yard Sale



A few days ago I showed you some of the things I bought on the very hot 2011 edition of the Hwy 127 Sale, often referred to as The World’s Longest Yard Sale. I promised to show you more of my finds and that’s what I’m bringing to you today.


That cute little birdie at the top of this post was embroidered on some sweet napkins. I also found a small yellow OvenServe bowl, an Aladdin typewriter ribbon tin, a 1950s ringed juice decanter and a groovy 1970s owl trivet.



I love McCoy pottery and found this pretty ewer vase with a grapes motif.



One of the best finds I made was a set of Vitrock Tulips Salt and Pepper shakers. They are shown with a handmade appliqué and embroidery linen guest towel that reads, "Friends are Welcome Guests."



I’ve been saving the best until last!


I love to find vintage luggage for my customers and I found two beauties. The suitcase is made by White Star and is edged in leather with a leather handle. The train case is my favorite find of the trip and is marked Style Lady. It is also trimmed in leather and, unbelievably, came with two keys.




That’s it for my "hot" finds at this year’s WLYS.

Did you see anything that made you smile?



I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
 

20 comments:

  1. Oh I love those suitcases! Amazing with they keys!! Also that embroidered bird is so cute...napkins you say. I would love a set of those tulip S & P's! Nice! You did pretty good in spite of the heat! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly had great luck at the WLYS. Love, love, love those little birdie napkins; they are so sweet. And those s&p shakers are cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your stuff, the McCoy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your finds, but that yellow bowl is wonderful. Would love to have one of those.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweet linens that you found! The little bird is very pretty and I like the guest towel, too! I know you'll have someone very happy to get those fabulous pieces of luggage, too! Do you have more to share? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YES...I'm smiling :) :) :)
    LOVE the birdie napkins and the s&p with the "matching" linen!!! You seem to find the sweetest napkins! The train case is so handy as well as the suite case. I have a "stack" of them in my living room to hold off season decorating items.
    NICE FINDS!!!
    Warmly,
    deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That McCoy vase is awesome. Tried creating your switchplate...the ginko leave stamp just doesn't work on wood...paper, it's fine, but wood it doesn't show up, so I'll think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the embroidered napkins and the luggage. Such great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The salt and pepper shakers are in amazing shape, love them! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh fabulous finds! Love the train case and the Salt and peppers!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the white star suitcase wish I lived closer Id nab it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm smiling! Love everything -- especially the one-serve bowl! Luggage is a great find!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all so pretty, but, I just love the salt and pepper shakers and guest towel. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The S&P are my favorites here or maybe it's the suitcases -- those seems to multiply in my house but I use them all for storage. Now I just wonder what's in them... WLYS is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much here to be jealous of! The salt and pepper shakers are just fantastic, though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun finds! At first I was going to say I loved the grape vase best...then I loved the salt and pepper shakers, but YES the luggage is FABULOUS! GREAT FINDS for your LUCKY customers!
    P.S.....I love the little birdie stitched napkins too!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't mind me, I am performing a test...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing to find that train case in such good condition with the key. I love those salt and pepper shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, your suitcases are gorgeous, Sherry! Are you sure that you want to part with them?? I've never seen any just like them. Love! And the McCoy piece is a real beauty, too. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a vase just like the one you have but it says USA on the bottom. Is that a copy of a McCoy or an actual McCoy????

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!