Thursday, July 28, 2011

"P" is for....

Please join me for The Alphabe-Tour!  P” is the next letter in line to introduce you to examples of “vintage-ness” that you’ll find in my booths at Southern Antique Mall. I won’t bore you with plate racks, picture frames and potato mashers (though they’re there), because there are plenty of other participants in this part of the tour.

So pause for a few minutes and peruse these photos


“P” is for….


Panama typewriter ribbon tin



Pfaltzgraff  “Folk Art” salt & pepper



Pyrex mixing bowls – Butterfly Gold pattern



Phillips Milk of Magnesia bottles



Pepsi Cola bottle and Planter’s Peanuts burlap bag



Platters - miscellaneous



Pansies - embroidered picture



Pie Plate (Blue Ridge) and Pie Bird



Prince Albert tobacco tin



Planters - miscellaneous



Phillips 66 salt & pepper




“Q” is next and one I’ve been dreading…..I already feel queasy!!!


In order to make it easier for you to check out previous installments
of my alphabetical tours, just click on The Alphabe-Tour tab under my header.
From there you can quickly visit any of the previous letters.



I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

24 comments:

  1. What fun "P" stuff! I love the Planters burlap bag and the Prince Albert tobacco box.

    Good luck with the "Q". I'm sure you'll find lots of great things! :)

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive collection for "P" -- how cute is that little typewriter ribbon tin? I don't envy you finding the "Q" items but I know you'll have some surprises :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. several of those things I have!
    love the graphics on the typewriter ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some great "P" for today. I enjoyed seeing some I am very familiar with in another time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P IS LOVELY!!!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. What awesome finds! I love the planters peanut bag! Thanx for joining Treasure Hunt Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm back from my trip. I thought of you while I was gone as I was antiquing and thrifting. As always, you've come through with quite a collection for "P". Prince Albert cans always take me back to my young days and telephone pranks..I'm sure you know the one. :)

    Oh yes, Q is next! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "P" is a good letter!! I love those salt and pepper shakers, they're adorable. They must have been a gas station giveaway years ago. Simply "P"habulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great little "P" items. I have a little pie bird like yours.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Typewriter ribbon.......wow! Just think of how many kids will never know how to load ribbon in a typewriter!

    I love the pie bird!

    I'm back, great vacation! I really wish everybody would have not blogged while I was gone! I've missed so much!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Platters, pansies, pie birds and planters--PERFECT!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The typewriter ribbon case is great, never seen one before. I have a weakness for anything made from metal.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh love those salt and pepper shakers! Q??? A quart bowl,Queen, Queen Bee, old quarter, The word Quality, that was used a lot on old signage and cans...that's it I'm out of Q's good luck!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sweet pie bird! I have 2 of them and they are precious! The burlap bag is great, too! Lots of fun things for this letter! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very impressive list of vintage "P" finds, Sherry. Can't wait to see what items you show off for "Q". You're really gonna have to put your thinking cap on. ;)

    Thanks for linking to the party.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like 'P' was an easy letter for you. Lots of awesome vintage items. Love that typewriter ribbon tin!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun stuff! I always smile when I think of the old telephone prank "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" "Well you better lety him out!"

    I didn't take much to entertain a bunch of kids back in the day. :)~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL - some of those P finds (Milk of Magnesia bottle?) left me queasy already, as usual Helen is ahead of the curve! Great 'P'ost

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the blue ridge pie plate

    Now I need to look for my little balck pie bird

    janice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great P photos - checked back on a few other 'letters' - fun and a great way to display items.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great "P" treasures! Love the S & P shakers! "Q" should be interesting! Can't wait. Thank you for joining TTF and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all your P-retty vintage finds! and thanks for linking up to VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just found one of the Planter's Peanut Bags at my local goodwill outlet. Hopefully I can make a nice profit by selling it on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found one of the Planter's Peanut Bags at my local goodwill outlet. Hopefully I can make a nice profit by selling it on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!