Monday, June 13, 2011

Dog-Gone Good Finds



Mom and I logged about 80 miles this weekend, saw some beautiful country and we were never more than 25 miles from home. We went to one estate sale, several yard sales and, dog-gone-it, we found some neat things!


Check out these gold Moderntone Platonite sherbets. According to my Gene Florence glassware book, these darker colors are getting hard to find and we found 5 of them. There were also two colorful vintage tumblers.



That’s not all! I dug up an old 1925 Bobbsey Twins’ book, an embroidered kitchen towel with pink stripes and a vintage Halloween noisemaker.



There’s more!  For you Pyrex lovers, Mom scooped up a Golden Acorn divided casserole. I just wish there had been a lid….oh, well, I’ll find one. I picked up a hammered aluminum bowl, a set of Hazel-Atlas ball salt and pepper shakers, a Star of David (EAPC) tumbler, an old Dr. Pepper bottle and a Frostie root beer bottle.



We were dog-tired by this time, but we couldn’t resist these canine collectibles that were found at the last sale. The picture is unusual because the dog is in relief….his face is raised from the surface of the background. Then there were two packs of playing cards. The pack with the two terriers is complete and came in the original box. My favorite, though, is the pack that pictures a little Scotty dog doing her knitting. A few cards were missing but, for 25 cents, I just couldn’t leave them.


I’m thinking the cards in the yellow pack would make cute price tags for some of my larger items.


What would you do with them?


I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Today’s Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow
Treasure Hunt Finds at Joyful Treasure Hunting
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm


28 comments:

  1. Looks like you were barking up the right tree this weekend! (sorry, couldn't resist.) Love those sherbets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you know my favorites but you found some great treasures.
    Before you use the cards I would scan them to save the images.
    Thn you can practice with the images and save the cards for the best of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the doggies -- I'm afraid I would keep the cards for awhile -- love that pink-striped towel. You and your mom make quite a team!!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sunny yellow finds - the scottie is a treasure, I'd probably ask my kitting pals what kinds of things they need that I could craft it into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous finds! I love them all. The cards would make wonderful gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice earthly treasures! I would so KEEP the doggie playing cards!!! Would you sell me a couple of them as I like to collect "dog items"??Email me if you are interested in selling just a few.
    Thanks,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your finds! Those Moderntone Platonite sherberts are wonderful. I have one in white...random find as all of my stuff usually is. The tea towel and the Scotty Dogs cards are adorable. I think the cards would make cute tags...I want one! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Bobbsey Twins book and the noisemaker is fun! It's great to find linens, too! The cards would make cute tags...like others have said! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, your finds amaze me every week!

    My favourites are the doggy playing cards - too sweet for words!

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those WOULD make perfect gift cards. I also love the yellow dishes.



    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your yellow sherbet dishes, very retro! Those doggie playing cards are very cute, and the dog knitting is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little treasure you found this weekend. You must have great fun when shopping with your Mom~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! My favorite has to be the Scottie playing cards. Oh so cute! I have two Scotties, so I am partial to them.

    I wonder if you could take six or nine or so, line them up and frame them in a geometric kinda design?
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you and your mom had a fun day! I am one of those crazy dog lovers, so of course I just adore all of your great doggy finds! I especially love the dog painting, lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastically sweet finds!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I bet your tails were just a wagging!! I love it all and the puppies, to cute. I use playing cards for button and jewelry cards, but those are so cute it seems as if you could put them in small frames or make gift takes out of them to sell just as gift tags? Great finds!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have those yellow moderntone if pink. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow great finds! But really special spending the time together!!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great stuff you found! Love the vintage Bobbsey Twins' book!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your dog goodies. Looks like you hit the thrifty jackpot that day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did find some fun goodies.

    I like the ball salt & pepper shakers


    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK that's it - I need to visit!!!
    You always find such great stuff!!!!

    As far as the cards, have a Bridge party!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great blog, we are so much alike, you could almost be my sister. My husband and I love to spend our free time searching for vintage items. Glad I found your blog, I know I will enjoy it.
    Blessings. Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is very beautiful and My favourites are the doggy playing cards. I have very big posters of it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a crazy dog person too. I'm always interested in cute doggie items.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!