Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just Label It!

I bought a large tin can at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I suspected that it was an old Charles Chip can, but it had been painted green and was only 25 cents. Who can pass up a good storage container for only a quarter? Not me! It just needed a little embellishment…..with chalkboard paint, of course.



I taped off the area for a label,



Lightly sanded and primed the area,



Brushed on 3 coats of chalkboard paint,



Peeled off the tape and prepared the label with the side of a piece of chalk.



It looked rather plain to me, so I added a few dots of green craft paint on top of the chalkboard paint close to the edges of the label.



Now I have the perfect can to store snacks for hungry humans…..



Or treats for furry friends.....!




I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Creative Bloggers Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Whassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Wicked Awesome Wednesday At Handy Man, Crafty Woman


18 comments:

  1. How cute, I bought a vintage one for bird seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puurrrrrrfect!!

    I just crossed the really corny comment line!!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitty is so sweet, Sherry, and it looks like she approves of the new treat tin! Watch out, chalkboard paint can become addictive:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I keep seeing great projects with the chalkboard paint...gotta get me some! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many ways to use chalkboard paint! Thanks for sharing.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I love this can! What a cute way of labeling items like that. Smokey looks happy by the way! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did, I am not sure what I would have done with it, but i certainly would not have passed it up

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh! our kitty loves her Friskies treats. great green color on that can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! It's amazing how chalkboard paint makes everything look so much better and practical! Coming over from Tuesdays Treasures and your newest follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you are just too smart! That's so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! I'm getting out the chalkboard paint and redoing my tins next weekend. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Sherry! I love the chalkboard paint on it and sure love that it was 25 cents!

    Nice work!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw you on Creative Bloggers Party. I'm your newest public follower. I love how this project turned out. I am so impressed with all the talent I found in this party. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too, too cute!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't chalkboard paint the BEST? Another great idea now to try with it. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this came out great !Thanks so much for linking this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and that chalkboard paint to brilliant things together!! That's it! We're going out today and getting some so we can have as much fun as you :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!