Sunday, May 1, 2011

Elegant and Fun Finds

A new open-air flea market opened a couple of weeks ago and Mom and I decided to go check it out this weekend. There were the usual rummage sale (clothes and toys) kind of booths, but there were also a couple of booths selling some nice vintage things. On the way back, we happened upon a yard sale held by a lady with a great eye for vintage. So this has been a good weekend for treasure-hunting!

I found a large Johnson Bros platter and a very elegant piece of Fostoria in the Vesper pattern. The aqua blue color is gorgeous. I wish I knew what to call the piece. Is it a compote/comport or a vase?


Here’s a close-up of the pattern.....


If you love cobalt blue, you’ll love this vase with applied flowers. I’ve heard this style called Bohemian glass. Have you heard the same or differently?


For those of you that swoon over roses and ironstone, I found a sweet little Homer Laughlin pitcher/creamer and a tiny framed botanical print.


And there were also some fun, kitschy finds like a blue Pyrex fridgie (refrigerator dish) from the primary colors set (no lid, boo hoo), an American Bisque chick jug with gold trim, a forest green tumbler with a fringed surrey and a cute windmill juice glass.


There was also a colorful noisemaker marked "The Life of the Party" and a metal globe pencil sharpener.



I also bought a couple of “projects” that I’ll be sharing with you soon.



What did you find this weekend?


I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm

21 comments:

  1. Love that blue glass. Beautiful pattern and color! The cobalt vase is also pretty. You really did find some great items this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun, and to go with your mom. love the blue vase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I am impressed with all that you found this weekend!

    Have a great week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! You know I have a collection of noisemakers. click here: http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2011/01/junkin-finds-friday-10.html
    My pulse speeds up when I see them! Nice finds!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green glass is awesome. I found nothing this weekend, because my son was on Spring Break, so I'm going to have to get my thrifting high from you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Love the glassware!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the blue vase with the painted flowers and the green glass with the carriage scene on it .
    I didn't go treasure hunting this week end I went to see the DIANA exhibit in Kansas City Missouri, Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue glass is gorgeous! Wonderful finds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't get to shop this weekend, but there's always next weekend. Hope you can find a lid for the blue Pyrex dish. The blue is my MIL's favorite. They are a bit harder to come by. I'm definitely swooning over the ironstone pitcher.Fun finds..chick jug :)
    Have a great week!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH!!!!!! The globe sharpener! That tiny rosy print!
    Thanks for the swoon on a Monday! :)
    That blue glass isn't half bad either. . .
    Happy MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing....we've been deprived of junkin' until our schedule slows down :( BUT we will enjoy all of your fun finds Sherry! I think I'm in love with that quirky chick jug....very fun! Thanks for sharing your finds...at least someone is finding stuff..hee hee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cobalt blue "whatever it is" -- the pattern and color absolutely beautiful!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that chick jug...how cute is that! I went to Grumbles on my way back from the park yesterday and bought 2 bars of soap! lol But they had some cobalt blue items, one was a rectangle small jug that would have been tempting if they hadn't been so expensive! Maybe they'll mark them down one of these days! Enjoy your week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes...I would say that you had an awesome thriftin' day...thanks for coming by and sharing all your treasures at NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that colbalt blue glass ware!! That little cute birdie is awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the color of that blue glass in the first picture, Sherry! That is gorgeous. Since I'm on a white kick now, I also love the pitcher you found.

    Visiting from Nifty Thrifty Tuesday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cobalt blue glass is stunning, wish I could be helpful in identifying it. You have some great treasures here. Looking forward to seeing your "projects."

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a sucker for anything cobalt, so I'm drooling over your blue glass treasures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cobalt glass is just soo pretty!! And I do love the ironstone jug...I have such a passion for ironstone and its hard to find here in Australia. Though I have to say I had a great weekend treasuring hunting and found some awesome pieces so I mustn't compain!! Good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!