Monday, May 9, 2011

2 + 2 = Too Much

It was a treasure-hunter’s bonanza this past weekend!

There were two estate sales.
Each sale was held two days, Friday and Saturday.
I went to both sales on both days….Saturday is always mark-down day.


On Friday, Estate Sale #1 yielded plenty of goodies. I found two blue fruit jars, a colorful alfalfa seed sack, two Vera cloth napkins, a tiny wire flower frog and two wooden hangers.



At Estate Sale #2, I bought a Nashco tray with handpainted roses, a child's textbook, a vintage tablecloth, another vintage camera (Baby Brownie), a demitasse cup and saucer with pretty dogwood blossoms and a rusty wire basket.



On Saturday, I went back to Estate Sale #1 because it was half-price day and I found several vintage tablecloths (both printed and embroidered), an embroidered mixer cover, an Ohio Art globe bank, a centennial cookbook from my hometown and a hen-on-a-nest salt and pepper set.



Estate Sale #2 only marked things down 20%, but I bought a beautiful rose plate by Royal China and for only $2.00 I got a unique Sunbeam coffeepot. I'm not even sure if all the parts are there or if it works, but I just love the look and I want to know more about it.



WHEW!

2 Estate Sales on 2 Days = Too Much Stuff in my office, but lots of great things for the booths.
***Confession: This is only about half of what I actually came home with!***
I better get busy cleaning and pricing!!!


Did you go to any estate sales this weekend?


I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm

23 comments:

  1. Oh, yes...went to 2 estate sales and 1 garage sale with hubby..and we have WAY TOO MUCH!! I'm am feeling like a horder..scary!!
    I love going back when the prices are really good and still find goodies.
    Nice finds!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really found some great things. I love the rusty wire basket and vintage linens. I was surprised how many garage sales there were on Mother's Day weekend. Found 3 ironstonepitchers (medium to small in size)...total $15. That was all I came home with, but I was very happy. You better get pricing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each week when I visit I'm amazed at the beautiful things on offer at garage/estate sales.

    It makes me want to leap on a plane with an empty suitcase :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! No words to describe your treasure hunt finds! FINE WORK!!! I had a great time at the sales this weekend, but did not come up with quite as many as you!!

    Lovely!

    smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome stash! I love all of your stuff...I can't even say which one is my favorite because they are all so different. I was very good...I stayed away from all sales this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your finds! Sounds like they were two really good estate sales.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time you go estate sale-ing, I want to tag along and see how it's done! Love the kitchen linens and baby brownie and...and... and all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny that you should write your post like this! I went to the Thrift store this morning and got more stuff than usual and have felt overwhelmed with it all...ALL DAY! I've soaked linens and washed things...and then I look and there's more! I'm happy with most of what I got but I won't go back for a few days! lol Love that little globe and the child's textbook! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy looking at all your found treasures. Very nice and the prices are even better. I did get to a sale on Friday and a flea market on Saturday. Now I need to get some pictures and then I'll post about them. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to one estate sale last week and bought nothing. I got there about two hours after the sale started and it either was a dud of a sale or everyone cleaned them out. I vote for #1. And the house smelled really badly of dog pee! I had to hold my breath when I was in there. Love your finds. Great tablecloths!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't get out much on weekends for thrifting. Love all that you found and at such great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did not get out this weekend, but my garage is starting to look like a hoarder! You have to buy it when you see it because you never know when the well will run dry. I love that coffee pot too

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Ewe!"....as my sister would say. :) That means Oh!!! Love your vintage linens in a big way! Maybe we'll see the tablecloths spread out with dishes on them some day? Or will they be sold. I really love those sweet little vera napkins too. Wow, you did have fun. We were going to go garage saleing (sp?) with my daughter, but with her two little guys it just didn't happen. Oh well, there's always another one!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a haul! You have a great eye for finding treasures:) I especially love the wooden hangers, the wire basket, and the seed sack. I rarely went to estate sales back in MI, because they all were so overpriced! I'll have to check them out here in WA, though. I am addicted to garage and yard sales. And my heart skips a beat whenever I enter a thrift shop!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No sales for me! I love those Vera napkins! The coffee pot is also pretty cool. I did find a few things today at the thrift for 1/2 price day and will do a post this week. You really got some great deals! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you did so well! Great finds :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty finds! Great stuff, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what great stuff!!!

    For some reason you are missing from my blog list and I can't add you back.......wonder why! And all my blogs are missing from my dashboard....
    Strange

    ReplyDelete
  20. People are spring cleaning AND it shows. You have lots of great finds. My favorite is that coffee pot! I miss the old PERK DAYS... I want to see "IT ALL"...
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have the best luck! Great coffee pot and the wooden hangers are neat.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love hearing about how things are in different countries when it comes to bargain-hunting. I like your blue glass jars and would love to see what it in that Neighbourhood Stories book. I have a thing about globes so loving your bank too. My finds are over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!