Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Slanted Photography

Beautiful photography enhances any blog post and we all work hard to improve our photography skills so our readers have pleasing pictures to look at. Tracy at Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures has challenged us to use angles in our photography. I have always tried to use interesting angles, so I thought I would bring several angled shots together in one post and attend Tracy's Angled Photo Party.




Holding the camera at an angle to the horizontal or tilting the object itself gives results like this...







Holding the camera below the object provides an interesting viewpoint...






Holding the camera above shows a whole new perspective...





And then there's the side angle, probably my favorite....





Thanks, Tracy, for challenging us to become better photographers!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. It's always good to see how different things look from a different angle.

    I love your antiques! :)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge. Angles do make for interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some fun treasures! I enjoyed your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your subjects and your photos. You are good with those angles. I really like the blue mug with the coffee sign in the background. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the photos. I love angle shots and use them all the time! It's more fun.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the photo of your coffee tins and the first one with the blue cup and saucer! Good job Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your "treasures" ... you should go into the photography business -- beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tips.I need all the help I can get in the photography dept! Love the old jar with the aspirin tins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super tips for better blog photos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right with that! With any blog category, one needs to be good at taking photos. It adds more beauty to the blog and gives more interest for readers.

    Buy WoW Accounts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some fabulous photos! I am enjoying playing with camera these days of course when I have the time. I have so much to learn, but it is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these photos! I love angles also, they just add interest in the object!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these pictures! Thank you for writing how you positioned the camera for each great angle shot--they look great! :) Thanks for linking up to Tracy's party!

    Katie@Little Things Bring Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sent David a link to your photos so he could see the cameras you found! Good job on the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!