Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter and Eggs!



I want to wish you all a Happy Easter by sharing a couple of
Easter-related projects.

* * * * * * *

First of all, I wanted some pretty eggs for Easter decorating but the colorful plastic kind just doesn’t do it for me. So jumping on the vintage sheet music bandwagon (because I finally found some), I decorated several plastic eggs with strips of sheet music using watered-down Elmer’s Glue. Of course, Mod Podge is perfect for this, too. It was a messy project, but I do like the result.





* * * * * * *


My second project made use of a piece of scrap wood left over from my Piecrust Chalkboard project. The wood was so dry that it splintered easily, but there was a piece just the right size for a small sign.


I sanded and painted it with two coats of flat white paint.


Sticking with the egg theme, I decided that the sign should say, “Fresh Eggs.” I printed out the words using my word processing program (Word), transferred the letters to the wood using carbon paper, and painted them with brown craft paint. After it dried, I distressed the sign with some sand paper and……..







Happy Easter!!!


I’ll be linking to the these egg-cellent parties:

Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Creative Bloggers Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime


24 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry - I like that Eggs sign and the eggs with the sheet music decoration are great. Those are keepers. I think I am (almost) ready to try a small sign. Your directions were very clear.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eggs look so cute and vintage! I just jumped on that same band wagon, too! Have a blessed Easter!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eggs and sign look so cute Sherry! Great job.

    Happy Easter!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy. Love those eggs and your sign is just perfect with them. Have a Blessed Easter. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. Have a happy pink Saturday and the best Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard those eggs were messy to make!! It seems everyone can transfer letters and make a sign, but me!! It looks wonderful!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Maybe next year I will do some modpoge eggs, they look so cute! The sign is perfect with them. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decoupaged eggs look great. Messy but Fun!
    Love and Easter Blessings, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative! I love the eggs.
    I have several pieces like yours from old furniture - never thought to paint a sign on them!
    You don't mind that I use your idea, I hope!
    Happy Easter
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry -- With a little paper and glue and dried up wood you've brought music to our soul. Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative! I love these. The sheet music gives it such a fresh look and the sign made me smile.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute combination of the sign and the little bowl of eggs. love the music idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool way to make decorative eggs. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sherry and thanks for visiting my blog! I love finding new to me blogs and love yours. I'm your newest follower, too.

    I love the sign and would never have thought to use carbon paper to transfer the letters. Duh. How easy! And further down where you transformed the pie crust table. Oh, my. I'm so inspired to go out and plunder somebody's garbage! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a darling sign and those eggs are too cute!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your Easter Bliss..Happy Easter and Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. EGGSellent ideas -- beautiful eggs and sign --Thanks for sharing. Hope you and your family have a very Happy Easter!!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way cute. I like the decoupaged eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these! I'll have to try this for next year! Didn't decorate this year since I knew I wouldn't be home much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome Very Creative!!! I’m your newest follower from Creative Bloggers Hop. Please follow http://sweetcalifornialiving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those eggs are Easter-y awesome! Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Pink Saturday. I am so glad you joined us, and I hope you will continue.

    I am in love with your eggs. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!