Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creative Inspiration



Recently Carol at The Polka Dot Closet inspired me with her beautiful lacy-framed rose prints. I couldn’t believe it when only a few days later I found a couple of those lacy metal frames and some pre-cut mats at a thrift store. Using Carol’s tutorial, I primed and painted the frames.


It was much easier than I thought and I couldn’t wait to frame a beautiful rose print. Unlike Carol, I had no rose or floral prints of any kind. Of course, I checked in with Karen at The Graphics Fairy and in no time I found the image of a lovely rose wallpaper that coordinated with one of the mats. I printed it out and added the mat and glass to the frame. While browsing for the rose, I also found a gorgeous hydrangea that I printed and added to the second frame.





Thanks, Carol and Karen. I hope I will inspire you one day!!!


I’ll be linking to the following parties:

Tuesday Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Whassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Terrific Under Ten Tuesday at At Home with K
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy

17 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! I love the prints that you used. Isn't it funny how we find things in perfect time?

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry they are so pretty! Love both of them. Those frames are so lovely painted white! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to print off from Graphics Fairy! I love the hydrangea and I thought the first one was copied from fabric, but I see it is wall paper, glad you found it easy to paint, what a difference it makes!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely prints and the frames turned out beautiful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful...prettier than ever! I love finding inspiration on our favorite blogs! You always inspire me, my friend! And I'm glad you found answers for your whazzit!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both pretty. Thanks for the shout out on the diorama. Hugs!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! These are just darling. Love the frames and the flowers in them! Love it!
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are just beautiful Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm partial to the hydrangea print! The frames are the perfect match. Beautiful, Sherry!
    Hope you're having a nice week!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and feminine! They're absolutely gorgeous. Goes to show you, a little imagination and some elbow grease goes a long way to create beautiful art and you don't have to spend a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those really are pretty - it's all about putting things together with style and enjoying it down to the details. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful results! You're quite crafty. And thanks for letting us know what the whazzit turned out to be! I never would have guessed Latin America!


    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are so pretty! Don't you just love it when you see an idea you want to try and stumble on exactly what you need? Those frames look just like lace.
    Have a good week, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!

    Happy Pink Saturday°!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty frames...lucky finds and the finished results look great.
    HPS
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new prints look beautiful in those frames. I love filigree metal work. It reminds me of lace. You did a wonderful job with the framing. Have a great weekend! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't you just love it when fate smiles up you and gives you gifts! LOL, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!