Monday, March 7, 2011

An “Original” Find

You’ve seen the appraisers’ eyes light up on Antiques Roadshow when they are presented with an antique in its original box. That box in good shape means added value. Mike and Frank, our favorite American Pickers, fascinate us as they dig for treasures in abandoned barns and old sheds. If they find a treasure plus the original packaging, they see dollar signs......we hear the “magic” music and see the sparkly white lights as we experience their dream-like find!


I heard that same music and saw those sparkly lights when I discovered a Starter Set of Anchor Hocking Fire-King Turquoise Blue dinnerware in the original box. It was magic!!! Not only was the china in the original box/packaging, but the china looks like it has never been used.


Look at the vintage graphics …the mix of turquoise and brown
(and we think that combo is so 21st century).


The box looks new.


The china looks new.


Insert *magic music* here.



Have you found any treasures in original packaging?



I'll be linking to Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl. Join me there!



After that, I'll be partying at Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm!
AND

Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


21 comments:

  1. OMG! Where did you find it? Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. You really hit the jackpot with this one. I have found items in their original box, but it has been many years ago. Congrats on your find. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is exciting for you. What a find. I'm sitting here trying to think if this has ever happened to me. Can't really think that it has right at this moment.

    Your response to blue and brown was a good one. ;)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hearing the music and seeing the starry light just reading this! Awesome find!! Is this going in the booth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely color!! What a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a set of luncheon plates in the original box at a yard sale. The lady sold it to me for $5.00 and she said it was a wedding present that made it's way to the attic and never came down again. Love, Love, Love your fireking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find, the pieces are so pretty-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm hearing the music with you. Fantastic find. I can't think of anything that I've found in its original box though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a score! I love the that delicate spring blue color! ENJOY your newest treasure :)
    I followed your link from Coastal Charm, stop by and see me at cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get out! I can hear the music! I love the soft color of these dishes. Amazing that you have the original box, too. Wow! Love this, Sherry!
    :) ~M

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful find and the box, it just makes it all the more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love when you see bright lights and hear music Hope you have more lights and music in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its in such great shape! Nice find!
    dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing find!! I've never found any kind of dishes in the original packaging. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful! It really is a great find! I can't think of anything that I've found with the packaging! I have a unique find...I think, that I'm going to post about Friday! I'm anxious to see what you think! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh....keep on singing! What a great find....jealous, so jealous :) enjoy that find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great find! I've found several treasures in original packaging...sold like hotcakes in my etsy shop.
    And wouldn't you know it, American Pickers is my favorite show! I call my son, "Frank" when i see something really cool on the curbside and he calls me, "Mike."

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have my post up with my 'unusual' find! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!