Monday, February 28, 2011

No Yard Sales, But……!

There were no yard sales listed in the classifieds this past weekend.  None!  Not one! What’s a thrift-loving treasure hunter supposed to do? The weather was bee-uuu-tiful! I guess everyone is waiting for the magic “first weekend of the month” to hold their sales. Don’t they know that we’ll buy ANY weekend of the month!!!

At my mom’s suggestion, we headed just out of town to a little junk/flea market since the weather was so nice. We hadn’t checked there in a while because it has no heating or cooling and a lot of it is outside anyway.

Right away I found an old aluminum coffeepot and the lid to a Pyrex fridgie. Maybe one day I’ll find a fridgie to go with it. Lots of digging and plundering later and…......


Well, look for yourself....


That old coffeepot, Wexford glassware, a vintage aluminum mold, some Pyrex bowls, an old grater (LD are you looking?),  a teapot and …...............





A FRIDGIE!


It wasn’t a lost weekend after all !!!


But wait… there’s a call on the answering machine. A friend is cleaning out her attic and thinks she has some things I might like to have (at a price, of course). More digging and……..............



Well, look for yourself....


A neat old tray, a round swirled glass vase, a cute planter, a hamburger press, a linen dishtowel, a set of playing card ashtrays, cookbooks (anyone from Auburn?) and……more Pyrex!


And the begonias?
Oh, I got those from Lowes, but they made a great photo backdrop, didn’t they?


It turned out to be a great weekend!!!
How was yours?


I'm taking my "treasures" to Debbiedoo's Newbie Party. Join me there!


Then I'll be partying at Linda's Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays Party!

19 comments:

  1. CUTE stuff!! You did very well. I'm sure we won't have garage sales for another couple of months in my area but doesn't stop me from the thrift shops.

    Fridgie, huh? Is that what those are called? I still have two from a shower present 40 yrs. ago! Mine aren't as cute as what you found. Mine are solid yellow but I still use them and love them.

    I loved looking at your stash! :) Great weekend for you. How fun to go with your Mom.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. you SCORED! wow, what fun. sometimes those little flea market/junk shops are the BEST.
    love the fridgie--thinking of starting to collect a few myself--to USE.
    :)
    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute goodies you scored! Cute teapot. And a lesson that you have probably heard (and said?): You should always listen to your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes the begonia's look great. love that tray. what a lucky break that you could help a friend to unload! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love begonia's, I do not have good luck with them though. Cute teapot and other goodies this week. Thanks so much for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, that's what they are called...fridgies! I actually have some of those myself. They are mine from my mom. Lovin' that swirly vase...it looks green...is it? If so, it will be great for St. Patty's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!! Love that fridgie! You did get some great items. Of course I always love Pyrex but really that swirl glass vase is gorgeous! Can you believe I didn't go to a single thrift shop or yard sale. I am feeling the need to go thrifting. Maybe tomorrow after this storm passes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your fridgie! And the cut glass. Looks like it was a good weekend after all. Around here NOTHING and I'm not happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog through the Summer Kitchen girls and I love it~ I will definitely follow along! LOVE LOVE LOVE your treasures ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see a little deer in there..and lots of fun things! You had a great weekend! I had fun, too and got a few things at a festival! I'm going to post one of the items tomorrow! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, you did end up with some great stuff. I know that frustrating feeling. It's like we're all dressed up with no place to go. You saved the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty stuff! I'm still trying to figure out where all the good "junk" stores around here are!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky, Lucky Ducky!! What fun stuff you found...and to have a friend that cleans her attic out - genius! Love all of your finds...but I am loving that deer planter right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some great finds! I'm ready for the yard sales too. The weather is right for it.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. For a "dry" week, you certainly managed to score! So jealous of your fridgie!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. You hit the jackpot -- love the deer planter! Have never seen ashtrays like that.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you got some great stuff. Love the swirl vase, and the cut glass pitcher, and the ashtrays, and of course the Pyrex, and the...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi girlfriend! I know you've been doing some of the linky parties so tonight I looked through your posts to find one to link to for a vintage find! I'm linked now...and having FUN! Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not sure why we call it junking because you found some great treasures. I like your fridgie. I've never heard them called that so I learn something everytime I visit. I have a ton of those in red Pyrex but my MIL just calls them refrigerator dishes. Good to know! The green swirly vase is beautiful! I'm hoping to go "junking" this weekend! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!