Friday, January 7, 2011

Where Have All the Yard Sales Gone?

Cold weather, or the fear of it, has caused the delay of all yard sales around here. There haven’t been any or many for weeks….of course, Christmas might have had something to do with it!  With the lack of yard sales, I’ve had to focus my treasure hunting on the local thrift stores. Unfortunately, that has not resulted in too many “finds.” But I wanted to link to Linda’s Junkin Finds Friday party today, so I thought I would tell you of a couple of things I have found in the last few days.



I found a 10” Corning Ware Browning Skillet. My book says it was made in 1974 for Amana Radarange, one of the early microwaves. There was no lid, BUT I pick up lids all the time so I had one!



I don’t know very much about this next piece…..maybe YOU will know. Ya’ll came through for me yesterday on the cup translation! (See the previous post if you're interested.) This is a light pink bottle about 7” tall. Its ball shape is approximately 5” in diameter. I can’t determine if it’s older or newer. Maybe it held wine….maybe it held bubble bath. I just don’t know, but it’s interesting anyway….lots of bubbles in the glass.





And just today I scored this little jewel…..a retro design salad plate. I think it would make the perfect hostess gift for our sweet JFF host. It just happens to match her new gravy boat because it’s marked Salem North Star. So, maybe she will forgive me for being a little late to her party!




Join me at Junkin Finds Friday at A La Carte......!

9 comments:

  1. I think it's probably cold out and people haven't quite gotten into the purge mode yet. We are only allowed to hold 2 garage sales a year in my neighborhood or I'd be purging right now! I'm sure the garage sales will pick up again soon! Great finds!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a browning pan for a microwave the other day but didn't get it, how funny you found one also. Love the pink bottle but don't know anything about it. Of course the plate is wonderful! How fun to have the same pattern as my gravy boat! You are always welcome to the party and it's never too late. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I LOVE the pink bottle! I have a few pieces of pink that I display on my dresser with rose buds in them! Pink glass is so pretty! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Finds....love the retro plate...I've seen the complete set for sale a couple of times! In a way, it's more fun to find a few pieces at a time. Neat pink bottle...I've never seen that type of top closer before. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink bottle is a sweet find! I hope that you'll post if you find info about it.

    I would love to find some of those plates! A delicious retro delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds, Sherry...love the shape of the pink bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the cold weather prevents yard sales (and I miss them!), but I've been having luck inside at estate sales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry that salad plate looks similar to a plate I posted about last week. Same colors and what I call "atomic" design. Mine's not marked so I doubt it's the exact same pattern though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have the same problem here in California, a lack of good sales this time of year. I'm hoping everyone is saving up their junk for me to buy when spring comes around.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!