Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let’s Have a Cup of Coffee!

Finally, the Christmas decorations at home are taken down and stored away. Now it’s time to sit down with a cup of coffee and think about the things that I’d like to get done in 2011. If you’ll join me, I won’t take too much of your time.


A little more than three months ago I started this blog to help promote my booths at the local Antique Mall. I don’t know if there is a direct correlation, but this past November and December were two of my best months since I rented my first booth almost 10 years ago. I believe there must be some connection and I thank each and every one of you that are loyal customers and made that happen. For those of you that “window shop” by blog, I thank you, too. Your sweet comments and affirmations make me smile and keep me motivated.

Looking ahead to 2011, I plan to continue my original mission…..to provide quality vintage items for you at the Southern Antique Mall. My hope is to improve my skills at locating and displaying those items. I’ll continue to revive and restore small pieces of furniture and look for additional ways to reuse and repurpose vintage objects. My success depends on finding the items that you want to buy, so please let me know the items on your wish list.

My retail endeavors will always be my first priority, but this blog will be a very close second. Starting Back2Vintage has taken more time than I would have ever thought, but I have enjoyed it immensely and plan to continue and to improve. I have a lot to learn about photography, writing, creating graphics, making blog friends, and generally getting my blog “out there.” In my desire to grow, I am setting a goal of 100 followers by the end of the year. I hope you will help me meet that goal. If you are not a “follower” yet, I invite you to join me and I will do my best to make it worth your time.



I also want to say a big THANK YOU to the following blogs that are responsible for sending the most visitors to this wee, tiny blog in 2010......
                                   


So tomorrow my focus is back to my booths….the Christmas decorations will come down and new vignettes will be designed. “New” vintage items will be unpacked and displayed and I hope you will drop by, either in person or by blog, as I strive to take you Back 2 Vintage.

Happy 2011!

8 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog! You really are a joy and it's fun to see what vintage finds you are posting! Happy New year! Sounds like you are off to a great start! I LOVE a new beginning! I'm always so excited and hopeful! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are blogging and hope you continue to enjoy it. Yes it does take time, but its a labor of love and a creative outlet for me! Can't wait to see your new items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy looking at your vintage finds and blog. You come up with some interesting pieces. Wish I lived closer so I could stop by your store. I've been searching all over for Ironstone this past year, without much luck. Maybe, 2011 will be my year :) Happy to hear that you're enjoying the blog world and you've seen success!

    Blessings and Happy New Year! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I love cobalt blue. Good luck on your shop. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging community! Isn't it wonderful to find so many like-minded people? Enjoy all the comradery that comes with it!
    Thanks, too, for stopping by and taking the time to leave your sweet comment... much appreciated!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry, Just read your comment@Miss Mustard Seed and the name of your blog caught my eye.I just love vintage stuff. I too just started a blog.I hope you will stop by.Now following you! Tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiesta!! Love it and use it as my everyday. I lost count at about 25 to 30 place settings. And I don't even have the last four or five colors that came out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy I found your blog today- I am now following you. I love seeing all of your vintage treasures : ) Looking forward to reading along !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!