Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quick and Easy Centerpiece

It’s funny how one phone call can change your whole schedule. Unexpected guests were arriving within the hour and I needed a centerpiece for my breakfast table…..Something QUICK, something EASY…..no time to buy ANYTHING!

I pulled together some plain vintage ornaments, some small pinecones and sweet gum tree balls, a small cloche that I had just bought from a local thrift store, a metal tray, a small grapevine wreath and a few feet of gold cording.






First I placed the grapevine wreath in the center of the metal tray. The cloche base did not fit into the opening of the wreath (wouldn’t you know), so I put a can in the center to lift it up.




Next I prepared the cloche by turning it upside down and filled it with the ornaments, pinecones and sweet gum balls. I then placed the bottom of the cloche on top of the upside-down-cloche and turned it right-side-up (did that make sense?) and placed it on the can.




I completed the look by tying the gold cord around the knob of the cloche and putting the extra ornaments, pinecones and sweet gum balls around the wreath. QUICK & EASY and I just used what I had on hand.





Quick and Easy Options: Don’t have a cloche, use a glass cheese dome or cake cover with a plate as the base. If you go with the cake cover you’ll need a lot more pinecones!!! No vintage ornaments, use NEW ornaments, small toys, peppermint candies or candy canes. No metal tray, use a gold or silver charger or a pretty placemat. No gold cord, use twine or yarn or eliminate it altogether. Bottom line: use whatever you have on hand that is festive and fun.

So much to do!

So little time!

Think Quick and Easy!

I'll be linking to the Boring to Better Party over at Savvy Southern Style.





3 comments:

  1. Such a great look and so easy! Thanks for sharing this at my party! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the natural elements you used...makes such a nice contrast to the shiny balls! I love this! Merry Christmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Who says we can't put something really "cool" together in just a few minutes? Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!