Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decorating the Tree: KISS Style

KISS is an acronym that stands for Keep It Simple Sweetie (actually it’s Keep It Simple Stupid, but I don’t want to call anyone stupid!).

This year I decided to apply the KISS method to decorating the Christmas tree. I kept it simple using a traditional red and gold color scheme. Just for the record, we have a pre-lit faux-fir tree from Lowe’s.

I started with the topper where I used a combination of red flowers ….roses, poinsettias, daisys…..and gold grasses, reeds, and sticks.




I wove wide gold mesh around the tree, pushing it deep into the branches to cover the trunk and wiring and then nestled large velvet/glittered poinsettias into the limbs.

I finished with red and gold balls/ornaments and large glittered glass pine cone ornaments.







So if your holiday season is crazy busy.......... just K.I.S.S.!


I’ll be attending the Open House at Coastal Charm




1 comment:

Your comments make me smile....!!!