Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Not Every Rescue Involves Furniture

Usually when I blog about one of my "rescues," I'm talking about a sad piece of furniture that needs repair and paint. The "befores" and "afters" are very dramatic. Most of the time, though, my rescues are not so spectacular.

That's the case when I found this dirty ballerina figurine at a church rummage sale. She was so nasty........just filthy.

I didn't see any chips or cracks so I took the chance and brought her home. A gentle bath with soap and water did wonders. She is beautiful now......and I didn't find any chips or cracks hiding under the dirt.


Sad to say, I haven't been able to learn anything about her manufacturer. She "sits" six inches tall and the number 750 is molded into the bottom. She has a Lladro look, but is not marked as such. Valuable or not, I think some little girl would love to have her......... perhaps the perfect Christmas gift for your little ballerina.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful find! I know my little one would think it was quite special! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!