Sunday, November 21, 2010

“A” is for…………

I was trying to decide just what to write about next and, after hitting a few yard sales and thrift stores yesterday, I realized that I had bought several items whose color or description started with the letter "A". I also have numerous items in my booth that claim "A" as their beginning letter. Furthermore, all of these items fall under the general heading of……….you guessed it, ANTIQUES.

By definition, “antique” means that the object is at least 100 years old. I think, though, that we all tend to use the term loosely. I don’t have anything for sale that is 100 years old; therefore, I prefer to use the term “vintage”…meaning “not made anymore” (at least in my dictionary).

So whether you term them “antique” or “vintage” just look around my booths and you’ll find that “A” is for………………

Alabama souvenir metal tray




American Fostoria glassware




Angels




Apple




Apricot McCoy vase




Aprons



Aqua Pyrex casserole



Atlas


and
Avon Cape Cod glassware



I hope you have found this little tour amusing and that you will go by the Antique Mall and check out any item that appealed to you. If you do, I’m sure you will find even more awesome items that will amaze you.



Would I possibly consider going through the whole alphabet with a series of posts similar to this one?







Absolutely!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile....!!!